collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Folk music? I don't know no other kind but folk music. Did you ever hear a horse sing it? - Big Bill Broonzy

Author Topic: Howdy Folks  (Read 566 times)

Offline MrSunset

Howdy Folks
« on: September 22, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »
Longtime lurker, first time participant here. I've really been enjoying all of the great information.

Might as well get my feet wet with my take on Broonzy's Long Tall Woman

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Re: Howdy Folks
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »

Hi MrSunset, welcome to Weenie Campbell! You're not being shunned, you just happened to make your first post at the same time as a major finding in the life and death of Blind Blake, that's tough competition around these parts.

Nice rendition of a Broonzy classic, if you have more tucked away in a video camera somewhere, we'd love to see and hear it!

Lindy

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 05:44:26 PM »
Howdy:

You have picked for your debut, in my opinion, the second hardest CB tune to sing with its guitar part (just behind Willie Brown's "M&O Blues).

Nice start. My suggestion would be if you could "swing" the guitar part more, that would get the vocal to swing more and lift the performance.

I like your idea of playin' it slower than the original.

As a suggestion, try throwin' in the flatVI chord for variation (Ab in the Key of C).

Thanks for this,
Alex

Offline MrSunset

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 08:49:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. That is some big time news about Blind Blake, isn't it?

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal