collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now I've been hearing somebody hollering for "Rocky Top", and I'm very sorry, the Bluegrass Boys don't do that number, but in a little while the Osborne Brothers will be up here, and they'll play it, not once, but several times - Bill Monroe at the Bean Blossom Festival in response to someone in the audience repeatedly yelling out a request for Rocky Top

Author Topic: South Memphis String Band CD  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Mike Brosnan

South Memphis String Band CD
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:36:02 AM »
I've been waiting for this for a while...  The South Memphis String Band just released their first CD: "Home Sweet Home". http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZXZJ4M/ref=s9_simv_bw_s0_p15_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=07H341F0YPEQXQBDWCZ2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=507063831&pf_rd_i=5174

For anyone not familiar with them... The group consists of Alvin Youngblood Hart, Luther Dickinson (North Mississippi All Stars, Black Crowes) and Jimbo Mathus (Squirrel Nut Zippers).  Here's a youtube playlist I made:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7C3953329519F846&search_query=smsb
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 11:37:12 AM by Mike Brosnan »

Offline Doc Brainerd

Re: South Memphis String Band CD
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:01:26 PM »
Ordering it next week.
(I'm trying to limit my music purchases to about $25/week (free Amazon shiping))
The vids make it look like some good stuff!

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the heads-up. That looks positively delicious. Now if I add the Texas Sheiks and the East River String Band, my order should qualify for free shipping!
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Mike Brosnan

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the heads-up. That looks positively delicious. Now if I add the Texas Sheiks and the East River String Band, my order should qualify for free shipping!

DOH!!  Why didn't I think of that? 

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal