collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Man, don't ever take a drink from an open bottle. You don't know what might be in it - Sonny Boy Williamson II, (reportedly) to Robert Johnson Aug 13 1938

Author Topic: Florida Bound  (Read 2834 times)

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
Florida Bound
« on: September 09, 2004, 07:57:46 PM »
I can't stop playing it...  nothing really fancy, it's just fun!

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Florida Bound
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 08:24:53 PM »
Sounding good, Frank. As usual you've helped me to hear what's going on in this tune. Think I prefer your vocal too! Now let's just hope Ivan isn't Florida Bound, as I think they've had just about enough...

Online Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 09:25:16 PM »
Sounds great Frank! - I haven't listened to mcu Edward Thompson - so I just requested Florida Bound on the juke.

cheers,

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 11:23:19 PM »
Thanks for posting it, Frank, you sound great.  I love that line, "If your home's in Florida, what in the world you doing up here?"  Nifty time on this one, you got a great flow.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 12:10:44 AM »
Frank, you are sounding more and more like a 75 year old black man. Very cute ending.

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 07:09:53 AM »
Thanks, guys.? Unfortunately, there isn't much of him to hear - just the six songs.? They're all different from each other, though...? cool stuff.

Very cute ending.

Just like the rekkid!? That's one thing about the recording that I really wanted to 'get', but one of these days I'd like to work out a way to extend it.? I love the sound he gets.

I love that line, "If your home's in Florida, what in the world you doing up here?"

That's one of my favorites, too - that whole verse is perfect, to my mind...? such plain language, but he makes it sound like poetry.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 11:17:56 AM »
This sounds fantastic - every bit the original without the scratches. And even though I'm partial to scratches, this sounds like it must've been like to have been in the studio. Superb stuff!

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 10:31:24 AM »
I'm glad you liked it, Prof Scratchy.  It's fun to play in groups - the slightly different form keeps everybody on their toes a little bit, but in a good way.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal