collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Every good-bye ain't gone, little woman, and the shut-eye sure ain't sleep. But I said one thing about it, baby, will you please remember me - Frankie Lee Sims, Don't Forget Me Baby

Author Topic: Member Map!  (Read 43178 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Member Map!
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2018, 09:06:29 AM »
Hi Eric, it looks like it is down for some reason.  I'll look into it, thanks for the heads up.

Offline eric

« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2018, 03:37:07 PM »
FYI Slack,

It very briefly loads the google map of North America, then goes to this message:

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

--
Eric

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2018, 05:22:57 PM »
It's actually been down for quite a while. I haven't investigated, thought I'd wait until someone noticed!

Likewise the "Weenies online" map that I built. I think it went down around the same time as the member map.

I'll do some investigating and report back.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
To get technical for a minute, the Member Map error indicates the API key it's sending to google maps is invalid.

The Who's Online map error indicates it doesn't like us calling out to google using the insecure "http://" URL rather than the secure "https://" one.

I'll take a look at the code.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »
Eric, Google has changed the rules and started monetizing the google map api's in May. The Member Map gets so little use and is of such small value that were are going to take it down.  Thanks again for the heads up.

Offline eric

« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2018, 07:14:18 AM »
Thanks for looking into it, Slack.  I appreciate what you guys do to keep the site running.
--
Eric

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal