collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
What better reason to do something like music than just because you love it? It's really easy, all you gotta do is quit your day job, and alienate your family, and confuse all your friends, and live in squalor for a few years, and you got it - Bruce Molsky, Alberta Street Public House, Portland, OR, 2006

Author Topic: What's everyone doing???  (Read 2788 times)

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
What's everyone doing???
« on: May 19, 2005, 10:44:28 PM »
I won't be driving up this year (unless someone wants to commit to riding up with me by this week),?so I'm thinking about flying up Wednesday or Thursday July 27/28. I've looked at lodging around PT and all that country inn decor is freaking me out so I haven't made any reservations yet.?
I'm planning on staying in the dorm during the workshop because I had such a good time last year (and I don't like sleep ;)).

So... what is everyone else doing and where is everyone staying before the workshop?

And, does anyone know if there is a beginner Harmonica class this year.
Thanks,
Gary
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: What's everyone doing???
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:11:05 AM »
Gary, email Jed.

Unfortunately, I am going to miss all but one day of pre-soak.  I'm flying in Saturday.

Cheers,
slack

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:32:12 PM »
NSRGary:

I'll be driving from Calgary to PT for the beginning of Pre-soak (Thurs). Weeniehouse for me!!! No dorms!!

Alex

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:54:32 PM »
Gary, I'll be in the Weenerhausen as well as of Thursday...

There is almost always a beginner's harp class.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 01:15:45 PM »
Heck, I may even get to PT on Wednesday, I get so het up I just can hardly pull over once I'm on the road.-G-  Lookin' forward to seein'y'all soon.
All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline jed

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2005, 06:45:04 AM »
Howard Replogle will be camping at Chimacum just before the workshop, and may be involved in some harmonica-related teaching.  In the event Centrum doesn't provide an actual beginner class, Howard will doubtless be happy to work with anyone interested in learning a variety of basics.

Don't worry, Slack, we'll save a drop or two from the first few bottles of Hornitos for you - esp. if you bring along some of that salsa!

Cheers,
Jed
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 08:24:38 AM »
Don't worry, Slack, we'll save a drop or two from the first few bottles of Hornitos for you - esp. if you bring along some of that salsa!

Very thoughtful.  Maybe I'll just ship a case to Peter for safe keeping.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 08:37:13 AM »
Howard Replogle will be camping at Chimacum just before the workshop, and may be involved in some harmonica-related teaching.? In the event Centrum doesn't provide an actual beginner class, Howard will doubtless be happy to work with anyone interested in learning a variety of basics.

Howard's got a fun little dog, too...

Ship that salsa!

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 08:30:21 AM »
Looks like I'm flying in on Sunday, unless I can find a way to get to PT from SeaTac Friday or Saturday.

I still think the whole road trip thing would be cool. Maybe next year.
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 09:26:40 AM »
Gary,

You might send note to Peter McCracken or Joan Green.  Jazz week will be ending and they will be shuttling folks back and forth.

I'm coming in on Saturday and have no ride -- but I figure at the very least - the public transportation system can be used.  Or if enough of us come in on Sat - we could split a cab or something... or we could busk our way up to PT..  ;)

cheers,
slack

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 12:03:29 PM »
Mr. Slack:

If your thinking of busking your way to PT, better git to practising on the gitfiddle!

And don't forget to send the booze on ahead. Jed, Buzz and I will keep it safe for you.

Alex
« Last Edit: June 10, 2005, 12:05:09 PM by Pyrochlore »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 12:35:20 PM »
If your thinking of busking your way to PT, better git to practising on the gitfiddle!

No kidding - why is it I'm always trying to 'crash practice" right before PT?  However, I've been offered a ride so thankfully I won't have to busk - it could take me days to get bus cahgne.

And don't forget to send the booze on ahead. Jed, Buzz and I will keep it safe for you.

Yeah, keep it safe in your gullets.  But!  Would you like to keep the case of hot sauce?

:P

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal