collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Lord I'm standing at the cross road, babe - I believe I'm sinking down - Robert Johnson, Cross Road Blues

Author Topic: MPA Problems ?  (Read 4189 times)

arbarnhart

Re: MPA Problems ?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 10:04:48 AM »
In any case, I think you are right about "Come In My Kitchen" - this probably needs to be taken down.   Any others?  you said "numerous clear violations"?

I don't have my blues song book in front of me. The basis for me saying "numerous" is that I was flipping through the book and finding songs that I might learn and then listening to them to see if it was something I might enjoy and/or be able to play. The back porch is a great resource for that. I found a few I thought were possibilities. That's when I created the SoundClick site and stumbled into the licensing canna worms. I looked up the ones I was thinking of doing and found copyright dates that indicated potential trouble.

I am thinking I will do some "Handy work" for now; St Louis Blues and Gulf Coast Blues are okay.

arbarnhart

Re: MPA Problems ?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 10:43:31 AM »

Hey, I got a reply from SoundClick. This isn't exactly legal advice, but it seems to be potentially good news!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:10 PM
To: Andy Barnhart
Subject: Re: Copyrights and streaming with respect to cover songs

Hello,
You can post the song for stream-only.  Please make sure to place it in a "Cover Songs" subgenre.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

PTH III
support@soundclick.com

----- Original Message -----
To: support@soundclick.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Copyrights and streaming with respect to cover songs

I found your page about having to pay a license fee for each download if I do a cover song. But it specifically excludes streaming (just says "not streaming"). If I post a cover song is posted without down download capability, do I still have to get a license of some kind?

Thanks!
Andy

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal