collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Buster B. Jones is the best fingerpicker I've heard since Jerry Reed. He plays like he's double parked - Chet Atkins

Author Topic: MPA Problems ?  (Read 4178 times)

arbarnhart

Re: MPA Problems ?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 10:04:48 AM »
In any case, I think you are right about "Come In My Kitchen" - this probably needs to be taken down.   Any others?  you said "numerous clear violations"?

I don't have my blues song book in front of me. The basis for me saying "numerous" is that I was flipping through the book and finding songs that I might learn and then listening to them to see if it was something I might enjoy and/or be able to play. The back porch is a great resource for that. I found a few I thought were possibilities. That's when I created the SoundClick site and stumbled into the licensing canna worms. I looked up the ones I was thinking of doing and found copyright dates that indicated potential trouble.

I am thinking I will do some "Handy work" for now; St Louis Blues and Gulf Coast Blues are okay.

arbarnhart

Re: MPA Problems ?
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 10:43:31 AM »

Hey, I got a reply from SoundClick. This isn't exactly legal advice, but it seems to be potentially good news!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:10 PM
To: Andy Barnhart
Subject: Re: Copyrights and streaming with respect to cover songs

Hello,
You can post the song for stream-only.  Please make sure to place it in a "Cover Songs" subgenre.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

PTH III
support@soundclick.com

----- Original Message -----
To: support@soundclick.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:34 PM
Subject: Copyrights and streaming with respect to cover songs

I found your page about having to pay a license fee for each download if I do a cover song. But it specifically excludes streaming (just says "not streaming"). If I post a cover song is posted without down download capability, do I still have to get a license of some kind?

Thanks!
Andy

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal