collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Cocaine, what is that? Some kind of bad habit? - Mance Lipscomb, intro to Cocaine Done Killed My Baby, Live At The Cabale

Author Topic: An over-abundance of Bo  (Read 3038 times)

Offline thumbstyle

An over-abundance of Bo
« on: May 13, 2004, 12:23:16 AM »
Of course it's not possible to have too much Bo, but I do happen to have an extra copy of the Bo Carter "Twist It Babe" (Yazoo) CD lying around here. Is it possible it belongs to a Weenie? Maybe left at my house (that would be years ago), or perhaps I grabbed it from someone accidently at PT?

I'll ask around my local friends too, but if I can't find its rightful owner, I'll be glad to send it to any Weenie who needs an intro to Bo...

Thanks,
Dave

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
Re: An over-abundance of Bo
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 10:39:48 AM »
Dave,
In the unlikely event that your "spare" Bo Carter CD is still seeking a home, I'd be delighted to make you an offer you can't refuse if you were to bring it to PT (I'll be there Friday night July 30).
bye,
Sudbury
Sudbury

Offline thumbstyle

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 11:27:32 AM »
OK, you're on, Sud'! Sounds like a plan. I hope to be there Friday or Sat myself.

Dave

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 07:31:48 PM »
Speaking of an overabundance of Bo, I've been overabunding on Bo a lot lately. That Yazoo CD is great, and a great complement to it, aside from the complete Documents, is the Catfish CD which may or may not still be available: Bo Carter's Advice. It is better, IMO, than the Yazoo by a hair (not saying from where, but it's Bo, after all). Been listening to both these discs a lot lately and working with John Miller's Bo Carter video. A lot of the tunes he does on the video are on the Yazoo if you're looking to match things up. The rest are on the Catfish I think. I've been working on Arrangement for Me Blues and Dinner Blues. John does a great job with these as usual. Dinner Blues I'm working on with a mind to doing Mashing That Thing, which is a very similar guitar part in open D, but with a better vocal I think and some trickier breaks.

Bo is tremendous and belongs up there with the biggest country blues names, IMNSHO.  :D

Speaking of the Yazoo disc, the opening track is Twist it Baby (CD called Twist it Babe). As Bo goes through the various verses in which he wants his woman to do various naughty things (twist it, wind it etc.) one verse is "Oh boot it babe..." etc. Any hints on the meaning of boot it? I can only think of the obvious "kick" meaning, which doesn't sound particularly stimulating.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 07:01:24 AM »
Bo is tops IMO too... you ain't alone. 

etc.) one verse is "Oh boot it babe..." etc. Any hints on the meaning of boot it? I can only think of the obvious "kick" meaning, which doesn't sound particularly stimulating.

I think it is a sexual reference (what else from Bo?)... in that inserting your foot in a boot is... well you get the picture.    :D

cheers,
slack

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 01:32:25 PM »
Hey Davebro,
Got the Bo disk, sent by you from the wilds of Oregon, and have been playing it more or less continuously - great disk :D.  Chalk up one IOU, to be paid in the juice of the blue agave when next we meet @ PT.
Really appreciate it Dave - thanks.
Sudbury
Sudbury

Tags: Bo Carter 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal