collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It wasn't but the one thing that ever started me to drink, Babe and that's when I sat down Lord and I began to think - Charley Jordan, Two Street Blues

Author Topic: Blind Blake's Guitar Style--Queries and Tips  (Read 31797 times)

Offline EddieD

• How's she goin' b'y?
Re: Blind Blake's Guitar Style--Queries and Tips
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2015, 12:52:16 PM »
Hi all,

If you click on the link and read through you will find a great FREE lesson for Diddie Wa Diddie by Blind Blake. You will have to sign up with a valid email account. But the lesson is very good. It has a PDF tab, a Powertab file and an MP3 with all the parts played slowly and explained.

This transcription is better in my opinion than Woody Mann's version on his DVD The Guitar of Blind Blake. (which is a great lesson by the way) This has the intro, verse and several guitar breaks tabbed out. I find Woody Mann's version good but not overly true to the original recording. At least in the way he does the first few bars of the verse. The rest is good on his transcription so if you have his and get this one, you have a pretty good picture of the song to work from. Anyway here is the link:

http://www.acousticguitarworkshop.com/agwsite/learn-diddie-wa-diddie/

Scroll down and click on download Diddie Wa Diddie. You will have to sign up just enter an email, username and password and then you can download.

Enjoy,

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:27:21 AM by EddieD »

Tags: Blind Blake 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal