collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Too many pieces of music finish too long after the end - Igor Stravinsky (1882-1971)

Author Topic: Honest Jon's  (Read 600 times)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Honest Jon's
« on: December 07, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »
For your information, Honest Jon's record shop in London has a fine selection of blues and other interesting musics in its catalogue on LP and CD. I recently noticed they have some of the classic Yazoo country blues LPs at a reasonable price (?12, whereas most people offering vinyl seem to want to charge around ?22 these days). They also stock the Mississippi Records series and lots more besides.

I have always found their mail order service to be impeccable.

www.honestjons.com

(Please note I have no affiliation whatsoever with Honest Jon's and am merely recommending them as an independent observer/punter).
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Re: Honest Jon's
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 09:21:59 AM »

In addition to selling records, Honest Jon's also produces CDs of previously unreleased (in Europe and N America) recordings from different parts of the world. If you are at all interested in music from West Africa, check out its (his?) "African Pearls" series. Lots of wonderful music recorded in some of the most primitive recording studios you've ever seen, but soulful and danceable. Also, many recordings of live radio performances from Senegal, Mali, Ghana, etc. in the 60s/70s/80s.

L

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »
Mmmmhhh 22 quids, what would you get for that on average? I could order that new car after all..
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:06:41 AM »
Mmmmhhh 22 quids, what would you get for that on average? I could order that new car after all..
I know you're slightly vertically challenged (compared with me that is), but even you wouldn't fit into a pedal car...

Check out Honest Jon's selection of jazz, Richard.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal