collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When you come to my workshop, it's going to be, 'Baby, meet me with your black drawers OFF' - Carl Rutherford, Port Townsend 98

Author Topic: Pre-soak and Weenie House 2005  (Read 8118 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Pre-soak and Weenie House 2005
« on: December 19, 2004, 10:56:08 AM »
Well, now that we've got most of the faculty list and are two weeks away from 2005, I thought it might be a good time to start planning. I had some discussions with Shelley last year in which she stated that her vast experience with event planning would make her ideally suited for running logistics on kitchen equipment and scheduling. You out there Shelley? Enabled by some fine Hornitos, she and I were thinking that with a little more planning than usual we could make this the most Gourmet PT ever, and at the same time the least amount of work falling on the few head chefs. We were talking Cuisinarts and extra charcoal starters and a variety of time saving devices and schedules. Anyway, just thought I'd get the ball rolling early so's we'd have a place to post ideas.
All for now.
Barbecue John C.
Slack - had an idea that in the Upcoming Calander box you could post a "Days 'Til Presoak" stat. Whadaya think?
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Pre-soak and Weenie House 2005
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 12:06:31 PM »
Slack - had an idea that in the Upcoming Calander box you could post a "Days 'Til Presoak" stat. Whadaya think?

Hi John,
Good idea, except I cannot set the number of days for individual items, or use a day count in the calendar box!  Overall the calendar functions are pretty weak in the SMF software - but they promise improvements in the next version.  In any case, I've got my 'signature' reminder in place - never too early to start planning.

Cheers,
slack

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 04:47:42 PM »
I will reluctantly volunteer to sample the Hornitos and margaritas, to assist in quality control as it were. Of course, I am interested in the cooking plans too.
Miller ::)
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2005, 06:36:20 PM »
Hi all:

If a schedule is being made up, please slot me in to cook an evening meal at least once (I'm not an oats guy, so I can't do breakfast).

I'd also like to be put on Buzz Millar's liquor tasting-quality assurance team.

And I'm an ace at counting knifes and forks.

Alex
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 06:37:36 PM by pyrochlore »

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:27:11 AM »
A few observations:
1. Hornitos Quality Assurance Committee: Alex and Miller, so far...
2. First nite Pre-soak (I imagine this "Pre-soak" derives from getting soaked before we get soaked during the workshop? If anyone can further elucidate the term, please chime in...) At any rate, for the first nite, John Cowan aka waxwing has eagerly agreed to pass by his oyster haven on his drive up, and we plan an oyster roast  the first nite. Garlic butter. We can have crusty bread, salad, and some fish too.
3. One other nite: Butterflied, marinated grilled legs of lamb.
4. Another nite: Grilled marinated and/or brined chickens.
5. Another nite: Steaks or Fish
6. Another nite: Pork chops or pork tenderloins
7. Another nite: Salmon or other fish
Drool, slurp, gulp... >:D
Miller
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

boots

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 12:02:53 PM »
A vegetarian dream. Still I'm on the otherside of the pond.

Boots

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 12:13:40 PM »
Attractively grilled tofu shapes for the vegetarians...  ;D

boots

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 12:33:29 PM »
Is it the grilling or the shaping that is attractive?  ;)

Offline GhostRider

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 02:12:09 PM »
UB:

Eek, no tofu on my watch. Alberta Beef! Hardly mad at all.

Alex

Offline Cleoma

• Howdy!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 10:51:33 AM »
Hey, can I join you guys for dinner??
Suzy T.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 11:05:37 AM »
Hey Suzy.
Well if you really wanna have some fun, why not think about comin' up a couple days early and joining us for pre-soak. Just lots af playin and, er, well, soakin' without the constant interruption of classes. Definitely do make it for dinner when you like, but there is a strong desire by those dining in the cafeteria to have you there as well.
See you at the Freight, Feb 25th, for your CD release party!
All for now.
John C.
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Offline GhostRider

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2005, 12:26:44 PM »
Hi all:

Bye the bye, has any decision been made on whether Pre-soak will begin on Thurs. or Friday?

Everybody must get...soaked,
Alex

Offline Blue Poodle

• Kill it, Kid.
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2005, 07:45:25 PM »
Presoak was fun last year.  I'm sorry that I missed a whole day of it!
All the world loves a lover, but a lover doesn't always love love.

Offline Desperate Stevens

• Mmh hmh
Dead fish and tequila
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2005, 04:00:57 PM »
Ok guys - oysters and salmon are fine but there will be people like me who don't eat dead things from the sea so I'd like to see a mammal or fowl flesh option on those nights.
And as far as tequila goes, we gotta get more of that stuff from Costco.  Yummm.
You can put me on the tequila commitee.
Shelley

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 06:00:12 PM »
Shelley, you are welcome on the Tequila committee. The Cazadores from Costco is hard to beat, light, sweet, delicious!

Flesh eating woman, indeed. I know that there will be a beef, pork, chicken MEAT option for you whenever you request it. That gal likes her PIGMEAT!

Adios,
Miller

Buzz

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »
Re: Tequilla Quality Control Cmte.
My heart is heavy - family committments will keep me from providing my considerable expertise to the First Annual Tequila Sipping (FATS) Cmte.  Nevertheless, I'll be practicing hard up here (guitar too) with the hope that i may be invited to join in 2006, when I will assuredly be back.
BTW: I lost my public performance virginity the other day.  Nerve-wracking, but a blast.  Mind you, I had two wonderful friends who happen to be professional musicians to "back me up" --- I guess I must have made them sound pretty good, 'cause every time one of them did a guitar break, the crowd suddenly fell silent, then applauded wildly. Glad I was able to help their careers.
Home for Hornitos (which is now available in Sudbury, thanks to Weenie Campbell).
keep pickin'
Sudbury 8)
Sudbury

Offline jed

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2005, 09:17:50 PM »
Sudb,

We'll certainly be aggrieved to miss you during (at least the first hour or so of) the Tequila Tasting.  Rest assured, we'll try to represent your will in your absence - as a matter of fact, I warrant that I shall personally despatch your portion of the considered potables - in addition to my own!

I make no guarantee, however, to report on the event.  Which basically means that you'll simply have to make up for lost time next year.

And congrats on becoming a bandleader, and  an obviously good one - often, the leader bogarts the spotlight, but you instinctively knew how to share it with your bandmates, which means they'll always be willing to work for less!

Cheers,
Jed
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Sudsbury

• Actually, I'm a Kiwi.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2005, 06:11:31 AM »
Jed,
I'm humbled by your sacrifice - I'll try to repay you by taking care of your portion of cactus nectar next year :P
Suds
Sudbury

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2005, 10:42:23 AM »
Speaking on behalf of the West Coast Branch of the  Los Locos Conservatory of Music, we are saddened to learn of our Brother Suds' inability to travel West this summer to sip and sing with us at the Pre-Soak and Blues Camp. :'(

The Most Locos Respresentatives on the FATS Committee, especially those who deal with Long-Range Planning, will sponsor a toast of delicious cactus nectar for our far distant Brother. It is our fondest hope that he and his bride will grace our company with their prescence  at the next gathering.  :D

All other guests notwithstanding, and anyone left standing, we shall sip and sing and frollick and cavort like the primitive beasts we are and that we long to yet become, herewith, by attending such invigorating outings such as this one. We shall miss our Brother, but shall wash away our sadness with appropriate refreshment, in his  honor. Hear, hear, indeed... :P

Buzz

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2005, 12:14:43 PM »
Miller, it looks like you already got a head start on that cactus juice...

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »
Well, not yet today, at least. My chief at Kaiser, gave me a bottle of Cabo Wabo tequila for my burthday, and I have tossed back a few shots over the past few days, but not for 2 days. Maybe there are little baby agave  plants loose and rolling around up there... ;D
I do remember Deacon calling the stuff " to-kill-ya"... :P
Cheers,
Miller

Buzz

Offline jed

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 09:08:53 PM »
Well, guys, this is a Read-All-The-Destructions-Before-Doing-Anything note.

Here's The Latest Scoop, as of Today, May 16:

It's tentatively confirmed, probably for sure:  Pre-Soak begins on Thursday.

But confirmed accommodations definitely begin on Friday (Andrew, this updates our yesterday discussion; sorry for any confusion).  We may not hear anything definite about Thursday nite until - grab your Hornitos - early July. 

Please apply all potential fretting, however, to your respective vintage soundboxes, for two reasons:  we've never missed one yet, and we're working on a possibility to confirm Thursday digs in the next few days.

Watch your Inboxes...

Cheers,
Jed
ok then:  http://jed.net

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 01:22:40 PM »
Dear Jed, Andrew, Frontpage, Slack:

I have given up waiting for discounted fares--every week the fares are the same. I went ahead and scheduled my flights on Southwest just now. JED, YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THAT pRE-SOAK BEGINS tHURSDAY, AND WE ALL KNOW THAT to be there for pre-soak is critical. >:D So, here's the Buzz plan:

I am arriving SWA # 801 in SeaTac at 1 pm on Thursday July? 28.
I will plan to meet up at SeaTAC WITH ANY OF YOU GENTS AND /OR LADIES WHO WISH TO DRIVE UP TOGETHER. It will be too exciting to just get there and get set up, so any delay on the front end visiting friends will be less enjoyable than seeing them after BLues Camp.

I am departing SWA #2476 from SeaTac at 5:10 pm on Monday Aug 8. I will see if one of you fellow drivers will drive to SeaTac by way of Bainbridge Island ferry , then to downtown Seattle, then to Sea Tac to drop off the car and fly home.You would drop me off on Bainbridge and I will visit my friends there for a day.

Jed, will you reserve a van from Rent-a-Wreck in Burien? Will you arrive first and pick up the van, then meet us at the baggage claim area? Or what else do you suggest?

I am enjoying my new old parlor guitar I bought from Todd Cambio--100 year old NYC school,? little lady which he went over thoroughly: new back since the old one kept cracking with each repair, new ladder bracing and ebony bridgeplate for light steel strings. Plays well. Neck a little thicker than my D-35, taking a little getting used to, but she plays well and sounds terrific up the fretboard. Good action and rich tone for a little box. Am very tempted to bring her to PT with the mando.Jeesh, so much to lug along on the plane!
Maybe I'll just bring the mando and play the RJ L-0 of Alex's. Decisions, decisions! :P

Let me hear from you folks!

Buzz

Offline GhostRider

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 03:41:56 PM »
Buzzerouski:

It is entirely possible that I'll be in Seattle on Thurs. morning (91.34%) of Pre-soak, with car.

Let me know if you want me to bring the L-1. I'd be happy to do so.

Alex

Offline thumbstyle

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2005, 08:17:06 AM »
Howdy folks,

I've been stuck in Japan on business for almost a month, so I haven't done anything about signing up for PT or arranging (confirming) pre-soak. But I'm in! Maybe I can fill some of the gaping hole left by Sudbury's absence.

Jed, I don't know if you've been in touch with me about Weenerhausen deposits or whatevah, but if you have, just know that I'm good for it!

I assume I'll be flying up on the Friday from SFO. When I get home in a few days I'll get a flight and check into meeting up with some of you folks for the drive out to PT.

Looking forward to seeing you all, and getting home to some good ol' 'Merican music!

Dave

Offline swampman

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 04:04:10 AM »
Yo Weenies,

There is a 50/50 probability that I have a business meeting in Seattle on Wedndesday night August 3 and I would come up to PT on Thursday.  Is there room available and how much would Weenerhausen cost for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night?  I would also have my fiance, Anne, with me.

Swampman

Jed e-mail me at winterstream@aol.com

Offline swampman

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 07:27:57 AM »
Looks like my project in San Francisco has been postponed due to client vacations.  The net is I won't be making it to PT this year.  Have a great time all and I will definitely attend next year.

Swampman

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 04:51:48 PM »
Sorry we won't see you Swampman. Next year.

I head off tomorrow, folks, so will be incommunicado as of a few hours. For those Weenies we leave behind, plan for next year!

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2005, 05:03:14 PM »
Have a great time folks, I'll be thinking of you. Post some news from the front line if you can. I WILL be there next year.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2005, 06:47:24 PM »
Anyone who's driving in and staying in the Weenie residence: I'll have a portable CD/mp3 player with me and a selection of tunes. If someone has small powered computer speakers they can bring in their vehicle, we can plug in and have tunes while we cook.

Offline GerryC

• Jest settin' here a-pickin' and a grinnin'
    • www.reverbnation.com/gerrycooper
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2005, 12:19:02 PM »
I'm still quite new in this forum but it's obvious that PT means a great deal to you guys. I just want to wish everyone a really good time: sharing food, drink, friendship and music is about the most fun you can have with your clothes on, but if the weather report is right we may even have to correct that statement. At the moment here in Yorkshire England it's raining really heavily and the temperature's down to 13 C. And I'm playing at an open-air festival this weekend - might need a shot of tequila to warm me up!! Next week, tho, my lady and I are off to laze by the sea in France for a week and then hike in the Pyrenees. Might need some wine to help us cope....

Enjoy PT! When I win the National Lottery [no, it doesn't mean you win a Tricone every week ] I may well come over in my private jet...

Cheerily,

Gerry C
I done seen better days, but I'm puttin' up with these...

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2005, 02:04:31 PM »
Coming to you from PT as Presoak draws to a close and we are looking forward to meeting a lot if new Weenies at registration in a couple hours. Jed and I just ran into Emma Lee and KC King at this internet cafe! Have had a few gourmet meals and there has been much good pickin' goin' on. Among the faculty already here, John Miller and George Rezendes were in the house last night and Lightning Wells dropped by late. Really great to get together with friends we haven't seen for a year. Alex certainly has added to the Weenie guitar collection this year.
All for now.
John C.
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal