collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
One of the last words of advice we got from Jim Dickinson was "Get less accurate tuners" - Jimbo Mathus, South Memphis String Band, at Music in the Hall

Author Topic: 2004 Instructor Line Up. News yet?  (Read 6146 times)

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
Re: 2004 Instructor Line Up. News yet?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 04:53:29 PM »
Peter:
I think I may have suggested finding someone who could do rhythms and percussion (improvised or simple 'instruments') to go along with authentic country blues. IM(ns)HO, this would be a great addition to PTCBW- as you know, most of us are working at cultural capacity to clap on the 2 and 4! One group I have seen in workshop settings that really works this theme is Linda Tillery and the Cultural Heritage Choir. They would also be great on the vocal end of things. Their schedule for 2004 is already full for the PTCBW week (Edmonton Folk Music Festival, which I will have to miss for the first time in 15 years), but they may be worth looking at for 2005.
http://www.culturalheritagechoir.com/
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Buzz

• Howdy!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2004, 05:08:50 PM »
Peter:

Sounds fabulous to me: I really look forward to more of Rich Del Grosso's mandolin classes. Love what I learned last summer. And Cephas and Wiggins were fabulous in concert, with Rich joining in--great synergy.

I look forward to the new blood to learn from. Can't wait to see and hear Lightnin' Wells again. Give him our e site address so he can join our conversation. Wow: del Grosso in the a.m., John Miller in the p.m.. Gotta get the minidisc machine out and be sure it works, for my sake!

Slack, even at work on this super computer, I can't open and order Johns latest 2 tunes. I want to download them here, copy them to a CD, take them home and play or download them onto the laptop at home. Please check it out. Seems the order now and opening up buttons of the 2 tune sites arent working or are locked. Ta'

Peter, congrats on the new addition. I love little girls, we have a 16 mo old granddaughter living with us, and teaching her stuff is totally cool. Like  extending her hand when I say how do you do, the hand signs of I love You, how to play flying angel, sitting in my lap and banging/playing on the piano!

Slack, can't open the Uke photo site either. Bring a sweet one to PT that I can buy, why don't ya'? Claudia bought me a Pignose uke from Costco for $20 for Xmas, but couldn't keep the thing tuned for more than a minute, and the guys at the Subway Music store string place advised me to not bother buying nice strings for it---she took the damn thing back. So, I'm in the market for a great sounding hand-built, sweet little lady uke. Gotta get my chops back from the third grade, when I could play Don't Be Cruel, and Five Foot Two.

Bye'
Miller
Do good, be nice, eat well, smile, treat the ladies well, and ignore all news reports--which  can't be believed anyway,

Buzz

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2004, 08:37:02 PM »
Slack, even at work on this super computer, I can't open and order Johns latest 2 tunes. I want to download them here, copy them to a CD, take them home and play or download them onto the laptop at home. Please check it out. Seems the order now and opening up buttons of the 2 tune sites arent working or are locked. Ta'

Hi Miller, I'll email you on this.

Slack, can't open the Uke photo site either. Bring a sweet one to PT that I can buy, why don't ya'? Claudia bought me a Pignose uke from Costco for $20 for

Ya get what you pay for. :P? the Ebay listing expired, but I updated the link with pictures.? Be happy to bring one. - here is the picture link also.

Cigar Box Ukes

cheers!
JohnD
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 09:48:28 PM by waxwing »

Offline markm

• Mark McDonald Blues
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 02:46:08 PM »
It appears that Robert Lowrey will not be there this year.  Bummer.  Anybody know anything about that?  It is great, however, that Honey Boy will be back.  I was there eveyday with him last year and can't wait to spend more time with him.  Wonderful guy.

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2004, 11:48:25 AM »
Hi all,
Just thinking about Port Townsend coming up.  Two years ago (seems longer), when I taught at my first European Blues Association Country Blues Week, Louisiana Red was on staff and I particularly remember him singing and playing a number of his, "I Had A Dream", that hearkens back to those good old, Cold War, pre-glasnost days.  In it, Red confronts Kruschev and Castro, and advises them on foreign policy issues.  For those of you who will be attending PT, you don't want to go home without hearing Red do "I Had A Dream".
All best,
Johnm

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal