collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Sometime I think that you too sweet to die, and another time I think you oughtta be buried alive - Richard "Rabbit" Brown, "James Alley Blues"

Author Topic: I'm a steady rollin' man  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
I'm a steady rollin' man
« on: March 09, 2010, 01:34:16 AM »
I'm a steady rollin' man, 1/2 down, capo 1st fret.

man, I just love this song. you can tell peetie wheatstraw was a major influence on robert johnson. I recorded this a while back. going trough my tapes I thought this is worthwile for you to hear.

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
Re: I'm a steady rollin' man
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:59:28 PM »
 :D :D :D

I like it....well played and sung.  The recording quality gives it a vintage feel too!

Cheers,

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
I'd agree with that  :)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:50 PM »
Harry:

Nice take on this old classic, you've worked out a great arrangement. I especially like your vocal phrasing.

Two comments. The instrumental riff you play in the last two bars of each 4 bar section is very nice, but if you added a bit more complexity ( which you do occasionally) it would reduce the sameness.

Occasionally you throw in little boogie-bass patterns which are very effective, more and longer of these would be great-add more punch. You might even add a whole first four bars of this boogie bass to the beginning of one verse, ala Terraplane Blues, would fit great in your version.

I don't often comment on Back Porch tunes, but I think you have a real winner here.

Alex

Tags: Robert Johnson 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal