collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
SENTENCE BLIND MUSICIAN FOR ASSAULT - Columbia, S. C., July 17. - (A. N. P.): Simmie Dooley, blind musician, has been sentenced to serve two months in the State penitentiary having been found guilty of a charge of assault and battery. Dooley's chief instrument is a guitar which he plays so well that while being brought to jail he earned nearly ten dollars from people along the way - Norfolk Journal and Guide, July 19, 1924

Author Topic: Willie Reed photo  (Read 1016 times)

Offline mayukha@yahoo.com

Willie Reed photo
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:16:30 AM »
Is there any photo(s) of bluesman Willie Reed available? Any other photo from a more obscure blues player surfaced recently?
Thank you
Emerson

Offline JohnLeePimp

Re: Willie Reed photo
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:21:10 AM »
...I'm guessing if there was one document records would've put it on one of their releases - but you never know, there might be one in the old blues publications

I searched on google books I didn't find a picture but I did learn that Reed was prolly backing T-Bone Walker in his '29 recordings:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=68Re4trXKqoC&pg=PA81&dq=willie+reed+blues&hl=en&ei=jTw5TsT0PMOu8gOwhY3rAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=willie%20reed%20blues&f=false
...so blue I shade a part of this town.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal