collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I took my baby to meet that mornin' train, and the blues come down, baby, like showers of rain - Charlie Patton, Pony Blues

Author Topic: Jo-Ann Kelly  (Read 2061 times)

Offline SteveMcBill

• This too shall pass! So grab it while you can!
    • Steve Mc's Acoustic Guitar
Jo-Ann Kelly
« on: January 23, 2005, 08:12:26 AM »
Sorry if this is slightly off topic being a 'later' blues artist but I have just purchased the double album - Black Rat Swing - The Collectors Jo-Ann Kell - on Castle Records (double CD for ?7.99) and am sat here listening to it.

It is good to be reminded just how vibrant teh 'blues' scene was in Britain back in teh 1960s. The collecxtion is sub-titled Jo-Ann Kelly a retrospective 1964-88.

Cheers

Steve.

boots

Re: Jo-Ann Kelly
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 10:31:53 AM »
Hi! Steve,
Is this a current album or second hand? I liked her a lot although I only have one album she made in 1968-69 called "Same thing on their mind" with Tony McPhee. As you say this was a big time here for the blues with quite a lot of the old bluesmen coming over.

Boots

Offline SteveMcBill

• This too shall pass! So grab it while you can!
    • Steve Mc's Acoustic Guitar
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 03:17:51 PM »
Hi Boots,

Its certainly new to me - I have never seen teh item before on teh local CD shop shelves. However, something in teh back of my head seems to think that I have heard of teh collection (double CD) before in a magazine last year.

As I mentioned it is on Castle Music. This is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Records Group Ltd and the number is: CMDDD 596.  45 tracks over the 2 CDs.

I also have the vinyl with Tony McPhee - an album I used to play a lot.

Hope that helps.

Cheers and keep on pluckin'

Steve

boots

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 03:11:06 PM »
Cheers for that Steve. I'll keep my eyes open.

Boots

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 03:07:46 PM »
Castle Music seems to be a cheapo label but they did an excellent remaster of the Robert Johns sides recently and if you are into jazz there are also a few goodies to choose from.

(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags: Jo Ann Kelly 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal