collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Just living long enough if you can carry a tune you will be able to sing the blues. Because the world is going to provide you with a blues to sing - Josh White Jr, Frets magazine

Author Topic: Cat iron Film footage.  (Read 748 times)

Offline Lyndvs

Cat iron Film footage.
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:29:18 AM »
It appears Cat Iron was filmed for the American TV series "The Seven Lively Arts"It was filmed/broadcast in 1957.

[03] The Seven Lively Arts: THE REVIVALISTS (also listed as The Proclaimers)
17Nov1957 CBS Sun
Executive Producer John Houseman
Produced by Robert Goldman
Written by John McGiffert and Frederic Ramsey Jr.
Directed by Robert J. Northshield
Photographed by Julian Townsend and Arnold Eagle
Film editor Peter Poor
Production Manager Alvin Thaler
Host John Crosby
Synopsis:
The story of evangelists in America from Billy Sunday to Billy Graham. The program will emphasize the powerful and
far-reaching effects evangelists have on America by showing in action such foremost representatives as Aimee Semple McPherson,
Oral Roberts, gospel singer Mahalia Jackson, "The Holmes People" of Alabama, Don R. Rees, president of the Southern Conference
of the Seventh Day Adventists, David Brinkman of Augusta, Ga. and William Carradine, also called "Cat Iron" of Natchez, Miss.
The program features a thorough photographic profile of Billy Graham's Madison Square revival in New York and his appearance
before a record audience of 100,000 persons in Yankee Stadium. [RF]

here`s a link to the site:-

http://ctva.biz/US/Anthology/SevenLivelyArts.htm

I remember vaguely a photograph in an old copy of the"Folk Music Sourcebook" of Cat Iron standing behind a 
clapperboard.It must`ve been for this tv show.I wonder if the footage still exists or it is being streamed somewhere?.He was so under recorded it`s amazing to think there  was/is film of him.

LYNDVS

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Cat iron Film footage.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 11:20:32 AM »
Well, that's bloody tantalizing. I for one would love to see some footage of Carradine.

Offline JohnLeePimp

Re: Cat iron Film footage.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 05:25:47 PM »
Quite a find there, and the episodes seem to be in existence... at least the sound of jazz episode is:

Not blues, but some great footage of basie and other greats nonetheless
...so blue I shade a part of this town.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal