collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It was music which had been brought up from the Mississippi delta by migrating post World War II Negroes and hardened and toughened and electrified and amplified to suit the dance halls and mean streets of Chicago, and it thrilled me to the very depths of my soul. To a dissolute white kid from the mean streets of a concrete housing estate, this music seemed tailored to echo the way that I felt - Fred McCormick on discovering The Best of Muddy Waters (on Pye International), in a world of Cliff Richard and Helen Shapiro

Author Topic: Down the Highway  (Read 1473 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Down the Highway
« on: June 03, 2010, 10:12:08 AM »
First pass at Charlie Picket's Down the Highway. I fingerpicked it so it's turned out my way (I don't flatpick)

Offline onewent

• Mr. So and So
    • vintagebluesguitars.com
Re: Down the Highway
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
I'll be the first to say 'nice work, Phil' ..sounds like a fun song to learn and play..I'm not familiar with Charlie Picket's work, so it was a treat to hear your version, fingerpicked or no..Regards, Tom

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 04:49:51 AM »
nice, never heard of charlie picket. gonna check him out

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 04:55:39 AM »
Charlie Pickett played with Sleepy John Estes and Son Bonds in the 30's and made only a couple of solo efforts. I've been listening to this one since the 60's and never gave a thought to playing it until John Miller referenced the song in one of his learned expositions.

Tags: blueshome 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal