collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Gee, I'm always hungry, can't get enough to eat. I'm just like a savage, I could eat a barrel of meat - Me And My Tapeworm, Sylvester Weaver 1927

Author Topic: Radio Broadcasts by Stefan Grossman  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
Radio Broadcasts by Stefan Grossman
« on: September 17, 2007, 09:54:40 AM »
I don't know how long these old radio broadcasts have been available on Stefan Gossman's web site, but I just stumbled across them over the weekend. He used to sell these on cassettes, but has generously made them available to anyone who wants to listen.

http://guitarvideos.com/radio/00radio.htm

These broadcasts provide a brief introduction to the Country Blues genre, as well as some other related material. The programs are available for download in MP3 format, and also in RealAudio streaming format. The sound quality is quite good. While the 15 minute format limits content to a pastiche, it's still a valuable resource, particularly for newcomers to this music who might be looking for a quick overview. Also, the "Styles and Techniques" series presents several condensed lessons.
Country Blues Guitar >> A Series of 17 Radio Broadcasts
Contemporary Fingerpicking Guitar >> A Series of 17 Radio Broadcasts
Fingerpicking Guitar Workshop >> A Series of 13 Radio Broadcasts
Styles and Techniques >> Country Blues Guitar >> A Series of 10 Radio Broadcasts
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:56:04 AM by FrontPage »
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Peghead Howell

• It's a great day to play!!!
Re: Radio Broadcasts by Stefan Grossman
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 02:57:19 PM »
Thank's Frontpage,, It is so nice to hear (2) masters doing the same song,,, (Lightning HOpkins' and Blind Lemon,, a very nice way to spend a Tuesday afternoon,, sorry all you working bees,,, Stephan Grossman does a great job moderating the performances,,, it's sort of like Weenie Juke is back for a little while,,, I sooooo miss that..... It was nice meeting you this year,, and hope to play a little next year at P.T. along with all the other weenies...... Till next July...... Peghead Howell,,, Mike
Just wait until next year!!!!

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:11:18 AM »
Yeah these are great...I found them a year or so ago when I was just starting to explore some new artists in the CB world and I found them to be very valuable in that regard

thanks Stefen!!!

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline col

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 12:18:47 PM »
These are what got me hooked on this style of music !
I was just starting out on acoustic fingerpicking after many years of electric guitar, learning some Bert Jansch, some of the acoustic based Led Zep numbers etc. And I happened upon these recordings - never looked back :).
FWIW, The folder I put them in is dated June 2005, so they've been around at least since then :)

Offline tenderfoot84

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 02:28:36 AM »
check out willie brown's 'make me a pallet on the floor'!

his only solo LoC recording!

so so good.
Cheerybye,
David C

Offline Alexei McDonald

• Howdy!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 01:42:15 PM »
I'm sure I heard some of these on the BBC World Service in the 1980s and they weren't new then ; still very exctiting listening, though.

Offline col

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »
I'm sure I heard some of these on the BBC World Service in the 1980s and they weren't new then ; still very exctiting listening, though.
Yep, it says on the download page that they are from the 70s and 80s, I think the OP wondered how long they've been available to download from Guitar Workshop.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal