collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Don't play me cheap! - Blind Lemon Jefferson, catchphrase

Author Topic: Support for Paul Geremia  (Read 1643 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Support for Paul Geremia
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:48:20 PM »
For those who haven't seen this on 'social media' yet. As most of you know, Paul suffered a stroke recently, and now there is a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for his health care expenses. You can go to http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/something-s-gotta-be-arranged-/241689 to help out.

From that site:

Country Blues artist Paul Geremia suffered a stroke in June of 2014 and has since been engaged in the full time work of recovery.

Paul's been staying with Janet Isserlis, a friend in Providence, progressing slowly in recovering the bits and pieces of thought and memory that the stroke rearranged.   

Part of the day-to-day challenge of his recovery includes being sure that caregivers are available when Janet is at work. 

Part of the ongoing challenge is meeting costs of caregiving, meds, supplies and the sorts of paraphernalia required to keep a body whole and well.

We're asking for your support as you're able - send messages, come see us, come to a benefit, or donate here.

- See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/something-s-gotta-be-arranged-/241689

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: Support for Paul Geremia
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
Thanks for posting Andrew I hadnt seen this
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:13:31 PM »
Yes, let's all who are able pitch in.

Alex

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 04:22:18 AM »
As well as donating, a few of us will be doing a benefit concert in the Newcastle area in November.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

Offline jostber

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 08:46:32 AM »
Thanks, I just made a donation myself.

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 01:44:54 PM »
Just a reminder that the road to recovery after a stroke is long and difficult.  Please keep Paul in your thoughts...  he just turned 71 this past week!

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 04:23:40 PM »
Just a note to say that I spoke to Paul the other night and it sounds like he's making progress and keeping his spirits up. One thing that he really appreciated was a real, honest to god letter (you know - pen, paper, envelope, postage!) that I sent him. He really did enjoy getting it.

So, if I may - I'd rather not post his home address on the internet, so if you even THINK you would consider taking a few minutes out of your day to write him a few lines, please PM me and I'll share the address with you.

And please do consider contributing something through the website above. While it seems like a lot of money has been raised (and it IS a lot of money), the cost of healthcare is high and Paul has no insurance. Every little bit truly does help.

Offline jostber

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2015, 04:45:40 AM »
Just a note to say that I spoke to Paul the other night and it sounds like he's making progress and keeping his spirits up. One thing that he really appreciated was a real, honest to god letter (you know - pen, paper, envelope, postage!) that I sent him. He really did enjoy getting it.

So, if I may - I'd rather not post his home address on the internet, so if you even THINK you would consider taking a few minutes out of your day to write him a few lines, please PM me and I'll share the address with you.

And please do consider contributing something through the website above. While it seems like a lot of money has been raised (and it IS a lot of money), the cost of healthcare is high and Paul has no insurance. Every little bit truly does help.

Good to hear this, thanks for posting. Hope he will make a good recovery in the coming months.

Tags: Paul Geremia 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal