collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When you go down in Deep Elem to have a little fun have your $15 ready when that police man comes - Prarie Ramblers, Deep Elem Blues

Author Topic: James Clem on YouTube  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
James Clem on YouTube
« on: May 16, 2008, 03:02:29 PM »
Hello Everyone, I ran across this wonderful site recently and thought I would give a plug for myself. I am an acoustic blues singer/guitarist based in Portland, Oregon. I posted six good quality videos on YouTube last week that I hope you can check out sometime. It is a mix of different styles...a Barbeque Bob, Lonnie Johnson, Lightnin' Hopkins and the obliqatory Robert Johnson. Even a couple of songs on my National Ukulele! I am bad at links, but try www.youtube.com/mrbissonet. They should come up or throw my name in the search. You can also view my My Space Music page or website. Love your site (I've got  alot of catching up to do).
Thank you, James Clem
www.jamesclem.com             www.myspace.com/clemjames

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: James Clem on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 08:42:10 AM »
Welcome James, glad you found us.

I haven't checked your myspace site yet, but I really enjoyed the YouTube videos, nice work! You're not kidding when you say good quality videos, I must say those are some of the more slickly produced youtube videos I've seen, really a nice job.  Maybe you could tell us a little about the equipment you used to make both the audio and video on those clips?  Also, I had not heard a National wood bodied Uke before -- a very good sounding uke.

Cheers,

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
Re: James Clem on YouTube
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »
Glad you liked the videos. I hired someone to do them with the intent to get a little promotion and maybe put them together as a DVD to sell at my gigs.
The microphones are an AKG Perception 100 large diaphram condenser for the vocals and an AKG C1000s small diaphram condenser for the instruments. The latter works well for the resonator guitar.
The National Uke is a newer koa bodied instrument. It plays plays and sounds really nice. National is really making some great instruments nowadays. The National Tricone dates from 1932 and The Gibson L-OO is from around 1938 or '39 (no serial number). Thanks for checking those out. Regards, James Clem

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal