collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
She'd work Son Joe over right on the bandstand, right in front of the audience. Bang, bop, boom, bop! - Johnny Shines on Minnie, The Blues Collection #76

Author Topic: Pigmeat and Catjuice  (Read 602 times)

Offline Devils Son Inlaw

• Howdy!
Pigmeat and Catjuice
« on: September 05, 2021, 04:41:03 AM »
I was listening to "Do it right" by Pigmeat Pete and Catjuice Charlie that was on my mp3 player and was really digging it, so I tried to find more information on them and there really isn't much out there.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded it off youtube but I need to start going through all my compilations and see what's in my collection.  Who can tell me anything about these two, where they were from, how much they recorded etc....... Thanks Weenies!!   jake

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
Re: Pigmeat and Catjuice
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 05:47:33 AM »
Pigmeat Pete and Catjuice Charlie were Wesley Wilson and guitarist/vocalist Harry McDaniels.  Do It Right was recorded, along with The Gin Done Done It, at a session in New York City on September 5, 1929.

Wilson is perhaps better known as part of a team with his wife Leola B. Wilson (who also recorded under her maiden name, Leola B. Pettigrew).  Wesley was often billed as Kid Wilson or Socks Wilson, and his wife as Coot Grant.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Pigmeat and Catjuice
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 08:06:20 AM »
Hi Devils Son InLaw,
If you like Pigmeat Pete and Catjuice Charlie there is a thread devoted to their songs and lyrics at https://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8659.0 , and it has, in addition to "Do It Right", "On Our Turpentine Farm", "In Old Kentucky", "Just One More Time" and "The Gin Done Done It", with videos of the original performances of all of the songs. Enjoy!
All best,
Johnm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal