collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I saw a whole tree just disappear, sucked under by the current, then saw it shoot up, it must have been a hundred yards away. Looked like a missile fired by a submarine - J.M. Barry, levee worker's account from Rising Tide The Great Mississippi Flood Of 1927

Author Topic: Roy Book Binder's Grand Canadian Tour  (Read 1802 times)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Roy Book Binder's Grand Canadian Tour
« on: February 24, 2006, 09:49:47 AM »
Hi:

Whilst surfing, I ran across Roy Book Binder's website, in which he mentioned that he was looking for gigs on his eastward journey after Pt. Townsend (early August).

So I thought, what about a west to east tour of Canada?. I contacted Roy who is very interested. I made some feelers to venues here in Calgary and the response was very favorable. I emailed Mr. Front Page in Edmonton and his response was the same.

So, I'd like to solicit interest/ help from northwestern Weenies on seeing if we can arrange a tour. I was thinking Seattle right after PT (possibly something is already arranged there)-Vancouver area (pos. a show or two as well on the islands-south Vancouver Is.), then east to Spokane (Jan?)? or Kelowna B.C. or Helena, MT? then Banff, AB (Guy Davis is doing two show there in March) then Calgary, Edmonton then ?

You Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria Weenies I am sure know the appropriate venues/management etc. The time frame is Aug. 10-20 (according to Roy).

Roy says that he has never toured Canada. I think it would be great to correct this, and I'd love to hear him play.

So if any of you are interested in facilitating/helping, please let me know ASAP at:

Alex.Knox@encana.com or via Weenie messages. Or in this thread. I have more details for all who are interested.

Any ideas?

It goes without saying I have no financial expectations from this at all.

Call me Don King (well, at least I've got the hair for it...),
Alex

PS. If this works, Barbeque John (waxwing) is next!

PPS: BTW, this is why I wish more folks placed there pins on the Weenie Member Map. These geographically-based enquirys would be easier if I knew who was where (end rant)!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 11:34:51 AM by Pyrochlore »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Roy Book Binder's Grand Canadian Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 10:45:15 AM »
Great idea, Alex. Best of luck organizing this.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »
-G- Hopefully I'll have a Cd by then, Alex. Thanks for the encouragement, as always.

You might try to contact Ted from Sitka (posts as SitkaMando, I think, but haven't seen him online lately). I think he does some programming for a venue or folk society in Sitka.

Great idea, good luck with this.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Mark

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 12:55:45 PM »
Excellent idea Alex -

I have a fairly comprehensive list of festivals on Vancouver Island and Southwestern mainland BC that I've provided to some other PT faculty.  I'll add a few more venues and local promoter links and email it to you.

Mark (in Victoria)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal