collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I got five 'pendent children on my disability check - Sleepy John Estes, Rats in my Kitchen

Author Topic: Euroweenie 2012  (Read 14327 times)

Offline colm kill paul

Re: Euroweenie 2012
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
Folks,

Just need to say on behalf of myself and "the missus" what a terrific weekend we had in Euroweenie land. Everyone was sooooooooo welcoming and the music was superb! It was perfect! So thank you all for making us part of the gang.

Today I'm trying to come to terms with a new reality where my wife is talking about resonators (both the band and the guitar!) This is great but I'll need a little time to adapt.

The trip home was eventful: Armed drug police singled me out for a search using a sniffer dog in the middle of a busy departures lounge bar in Southampton Airport while I was having a pint of Guinness. ( I think this was due to my fedora hat...and I felt it was an endorsement of my musician status so was quite pleased 8)). The funniest part was Rose ( who was missing our own dog badly) immediately dropped down to pet the sniffer dog and give her a cuddle. The deflated look on the disappointed cop as he walked out of the bar was priceless.

Can't tell you how proud I am to join Prof Scratchy in the elite alumni of The Brick. The Brick has been restored to it's secret location under the rites of the sacred ritual (as passed to me by Prof Scratchy) so that it may be passed on to future recipients should they be deemed worthy by the mighty judges of The Brick. Subject to confirmation I will be adding the credentials T.B. to my forum name so as recognise my new status as recipient of the The Brick. :)

Thanks again everyone. Really was special!

Colm Kill Paul T.B.

Offline bob long

• Bob Long
« Reply #181 on: April 23, 2012, 03:13:23 AM »
Colm TB, It was great to meet you and Rose and to see new, younger faces in this gathering. You played that John Hurt stuff beautifully.

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #182 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:31 AM »
Your problem, Colm, is not the resonators...

Your big problem is that after ten minutes in a camper van with prof. scratchy, your good lady wife is not now going to be happy until she has a van of her own!

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #183 on: April 23, 2012, 06:05:20 AM »
NS this is NOT funny....

Apparently Prof has reinforced the virtues of the original VW camper van to Rose over later Brazilian constructed versions. Thanks to a camper van workshop with PS my arguments are being out gunned big style!

This is a devil's alliance I'm sure of it...

;)

Colm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »
Your 2012 Photo Gallery is awaiting...

As per usual it all went too quickly.  As per usual a great bunch of people.

If Slack can please create a Euroweenie 2012 Photogallery, Marshcat and I will gradually get around to posting some pics of the weekend - and maybe some other people as well (Rose aka Mrs. Colm was snapping away, as were one or two others).

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2012, 08:49:44 AM »
I've now uploaded my photos to the 2012 gallery.

I hope some other people will also be adding to the body of work!
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline steadyrollinman

« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2012, 01:34:23 PM »
What a great time. Pics bring it all back.

Thanks to all you folks for making me feel welcome. Loved every minute of it.

Chris.

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2012, 12:40:00 AM »
Three Cheers for Parlor Picker! Hip Hip!

Fine photo montage of the fine "photogenic" fraternity that was Euroweenie 2012!

Hope to add a couple more shots over the weekend.

Colm

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2012, 06:02:31 AM »
You don't think he could have gone with a more soft focus approach given the models?

Great to see photos of the weekend and all the Euroweenie hardware and toys.

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:53 AM »
Some additional shots added to the gallery for the 2012 Euroweenie Bash. These are not up to the standard set by Parlour Picker but Rose managed to catch the man himself so now we have a complete record of attendees!

Colm

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »
Thank you for the pictures, it looks like you guys had a great time together! I sure hope to make it one of these years, meanwhile I'm hoping for more images and music from this years gathering.  8)

Cheers

Pan

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #191 on: April 28, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
Thanks to all for coming and joining in, it seemed like a really good time was had by all.

Now, I've only just got back home having taken a detour and played a jazz gig, did I say I would write a few words about the great event... :-X

(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #192 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »
Likewise, Richard, I just got home/out of rehab recovering from the event and will post some photos and field recordings soon... and I haven't forgotten about 'your' style 3.

Offline Marshcat

• Aloha!
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2012, 02:45:49 AM »
OK, guys, I just added a few more photos to the rogues' gallery    :D   Still editing the sound recordings!

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2012, 03:32:19 AM »
Great Shots Marshcat. I particularly like the one of Chris. His slide and foot have great movement yet his face is pin sharp. Great job. I guess the floor rolling is an integral part of the artist at work  :) Well worth the effort on the evidence here!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal