collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The woman I love, stole from my best friend. Same joker got lucky, stole her back again. You better come on in my kitchen 'cause it's gonna be raining outdoors - Robert Johnson, Come On In My Kitchen

Author Topic: Jimmy Rogers on Songwriting, Muddy Waters, and 1950s Chicago Blues  (Read 224 times)

Offline jasobr

• Howdy!
I've just posted my 1996 interview with Jimmy Rogers, one of the under-sung heroes of postwar Chicago blues. In this 7000-word transcript, Jimmy covers his approach to songwriting, how he and Muddy Waters arranged songs, his experiences at Chess Records, and what it was like working with Little Walter, Baby Face Leroy Foster, Henry "Pot" Strong, Blue Smitty, Big Crawford, and others. He also talks about Tampa Red and Big Bill Broonzy, as well as his favorite piano players -- Walter Davis, Big Maceo, Memphis Slim, and Johnny Jones -- and drummers Elgin Evans and Fred Below. There are details for guitar lovers, too, and embedded musical links.

If you're interested, here's the link: https://jasobrecht.substack.com/p/jimmy-rogers-on-songwriting-muddy

Tags: Jimmy Rogers 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal