collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wouldn't you know that fellow'd get get somewhere like that. He came into Greenville when I was home on leave and he gives a dance, There were posters up and everything about him being Blind Boy number two. The people there wouldn't let me go until I got and played a number and the last time I saw Brownie after I played my number was him walking out the door and going to catch a bus out of town. - Baby Tate speaking of Brownie McGhee, from the liner notes to "The Blues of Baby Tate, See What You Done Done" Bluesville # 1072

Author Topic: Euroweenie 2012  (Read 14425 times)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: Euroweenie 2012
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2011, 10:55:38 AM »
They'll burn! We could have a de-ukeing ceremony where they are smashed by being beaten by National guitars and then incinerated. We could do that to the ukes too!

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
Blueshome is turning into Jeremy Clarkson!

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
OMG -  et tu Scratchy?

Actually I'm in favour of taking Clarkson out and shooting him on national television. (He could have his Oxfordshire pals join him too.)

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 06:59:12 AM »
Folks,

I just taken the plunge and booked myself and the wife (Rose) in for the Euroweenie gathering 2012. It will be great to see you all!

Colm

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 09:12:44 AM »
Ack! More competition for the prize brick!

Will be good to see you both there. 

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 11:48:20 AM »
Very brave, have you warned Herself of what to expect  :-X
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
Great news! Another one to show us up I suppose.

Your wife must be crazy,coming to spend her time with a bunch of old(-ish) men with guitars.

Colm, are you flying in?

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »
Brilliant! The "Craic" ( Irish term for fun...not rock crystals!) starts already.

Better answer these questions in chronological order as I respect the formal Euro weenie traditions;)

NS: I believe the prize EW Brick is an "open" event and with the collapse of the housing market here in Ireland the addition of a free brick  to a house sale could have a major impact on the negative equity position of our property. So I'm seeking the brick in Ernest!

Richard: I have taken the line that "seeing is believing" when trying to convey the magical weekend that awaits to Mr.s Mc. She tells me she is looking forward to hearing some people who can actually play music for a change... that, and a nice glass of Merlot or three.

BH: Fortunately, Mr.s Mc is crazy! Lucky break for me.

We shall fly into Southampton on the Friday. I've never been in that neck of the Forest, so to speak, so I'm looking forward to it big style.

Colm

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »
Are you going to hire a car or do you want collecting?

Offline harvey

• Howdy!
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
Good news Colm, look forward to seeing you again.... My better half should be coming too. I would suggest for the ladies some good books or stout walking shoes. 

Andrew

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2012, 02:52:07 AM »
Well, I suspect my wife and kids will be around for a short while on Friday morning.  We will probably take them for a lark about in the forest, weather permitting.  As soon as they see bearded men with guitars, I'm sure they will be off though. 

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2012, 03:16:13 AM »
Folks, thanks again for the warm responses.

We will arrive on Flight BE385 Flybe at 17.25 into Southampton and depart flight BE384 Flybe at 14.20 on the Sunday. If this coincides with anyone else's travel plans we'd be delighted to hitch a ride and pitch in for the petrol. Drop me a PM if you think it may work.

Books, Shoes,...& ear plugs... or am I just being mean now after everyone being so nice.

Colm

Offline Norfolk Slim

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2012, 03:53:25 AM »
Its about 25 miles- an hour at most, so Im sure someone can assist (not me unfortunately, as the wife will have disappeared with the car by then).

Failing that, the train from Southampton through Brockenhurst might be the best bet.  Taxis round there tend to be painful...

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2012, 04:49:37 AM »
If you can get a good deal, hire a car and get your wife as driver. The New Forest is a beautiful area to explore. Otherwise, collection from Brockenhurst is not a problem.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »
Sounds like loads of wives will be attending this year! Mrs. PP did one year and then commented something like "Once is enough of a load of old geezers playing guitars!"
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal