collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I'm happier than a hand in a barrel of tits! - Sam Mitchell, expressing his feelings about the PTCBW experience

Author Topic: Nathaniel Beauregard  (Read 1531 times)

Offline doctorpep

Nathaniel Beauregard
« on: February 26, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
I recently had the opportunity to hear Nathaniel Beuregard's two or three songs he performed at the 1968 Memphis Folk Festival. I'm wondering if one should consider his performances of "Highway 61" and "Kid Gal Blues" to be somewhat indicative of what Blues sounded like in its beginning stages. My initial reasoning was this: Beuregard was born in the 1860's. Moments later, I realized that it's fully possible that he didn't hear Blues until the 1920's and didn't start playing until the 1930's. I don't know the man's life story, so all I can do is speculate. He doesn't even have a biography on Allmusic.com! Interestingly enough, this seemingly ancient link to the Blues of yesteryear plays electric guitar at the festival. Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:48:52 AM by Johnm »
"There ain't no Heaven, ain't no burning Hell. Where I go when I die, can't nobody tell."

http://www.hardluckchild.blogspot.com/

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Nathaniel Beuregard
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 06:05:41 PM »
All I know is Steve James used to help him out in Memphis, told some very funny stories about that experience at a Port Townsend workshop one time. Come to Port T this year and you can ask him!

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 06:35:40 PM »
Just in the interest of accuracy, it's Beauregard, isn't it?

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 11:20:54 PM »
See Tags. He's been the topic of discussion here previously and there's also a discography at Stefan's site.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal