collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The blues is not a plaything like some people think they are. Like youngsters today, right now they take anything and make the blues out of it. Just any little ol junk something or other and say this is the such and such a blues. NO IT'S NOT. Ain't but ONE kind of blues, and that consists between male and female what's in love. In love. Male and Female - Son House

Author Topic: an old dock boggs tune  (Read 2188 times)

thehook

an old dock boggs tune
« on: October 09, 2005, 05:59:36 PM »
can't remember the name added some reverb and compression to make it sound decent as far as the audio and mix itself goes. I posted on on here a wihle ago and now even to me and maybe to you if you head the other one I am starting to find my voice and finding it easier to sing in tune with the song and notes on the guitar...I hope thats teh case at least it sure feels like it. I am 17 years old as a benchmark before the insults come rolling in saying boy what the hell you doing playing and singin like that get back to school...well I am infact still in school :)
thanks for listening
hope you enjoy
matt

[attachment deleted by admin]

norman

Re: an old dock boggs tune
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 08:25:04 PM »
well i relly can't hear anything. Maybe it's my audio setup, but i doubt it cause i can hear everything else fine. you should check your mp3 (300ks for 5 minutes sounds suspicious too...)

Vince

thehook

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 09:34:20 PM »
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=358612
give that a shot, its the one called country blues, sorry all that have downloaded it.
This version works and you can hear whats going on...guitar is kinda muffled though

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 10:08:21 PM »
Hi Matt,

The soundclick link works, the mp3 attached to your original message doesn't work for me, barely audible.

Anyway, sounds good, great time on that. That a 17-year-old would be playing Dock Boggs like that is just the coolest thing around.

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 06:43:16 AM »
Matt,

Insults?  Now really - I hope you'll find us consistently supportive! 

Good playing there.  The time is great and the twiddly bits are rock solid.  It gets a little relentless with the heavy stroke at that pace after a bit - may think about easing up just a bit, both on the strength of the attack and the tempo.  Part of it is no doubt the recording though, which seems to be capturing the 2 and 4 beat strokes excessively.

I must say that I recall having the same reaction before - that is a 17 year old voice?  Do you consider that to be your natural voice, or are you "affecting" it to try to sound different or like something you think you're supposed to sound like? 

Keep it up!

Tom

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 07:01:20 AM »
Sounds great Matt, excellent time - it really cooks.  Keep singing too - much improved over the last time you posted!

Cheers,
slack

thehook

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 03:44:34 PM »
thanks so much eveyone for the support. As far as my natural voice goes thats it thats what comes naturally to me and any affects are not on purpose to achieve a certian vocal sound rather its just the way it comes out. I think I will slow the tempo down a little but I don't know how to change it to good, that was the first riff that came to mind when I sat down with this tune so I don't know what I would do otherwise suggestions are welcome...more in the future.
matt

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 04:37:05 PM »
well, keep singing my man, you've got a great voice to work with. 

tom

thehook

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 12:03:14 PM »
thank you

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal