collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I got Sonny up to Harlem, and we started street playin' in New York. We did that for three or four years and survived. We brought it back to the streets again - Brownie McGhee

Author Topic: Nylon String for the Blues???  (Read 7846 times)

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: Nylon String for the Blues???
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 03:47:43 AM »
Just wanted to add that Chris Thomas King's CD, Red Mud, has a few nylon strung blues tunes on it.  He gets fantastic rhythm and ripping single note lines out of it.

Offline LB

• Ga
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 08:48:18 AM »
I love the feel of nylon strings, loved all the comments-tips and the Daddy-Stove videos, awesome stuff. I just like how someone like me with long abused hands can practice for hours without aggravating old injuries and they're just FUN to play...

Mister Steve

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
I love the feel of nylon strings, loved all the comments-tips and the Daddy-Stove videos, awesome stuff. I just like how someone like me with long abused hands can practice for hours without aggravating old injuries and they're just FUN to play...

For me the "abuse" part included "playing through" even with a numb left hand (Strats, dreads and a 00) and even waking up later with some pain.  This NEVER happened for me on nylon.  But the ridiculous part is this: that looking back, I have always been able to kick on a nylon and my most distinctive stuff has been on nylon.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:28:42 PM by stevej »

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal