collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Wouldn't you know that fellow'd get get somewhere like that. He came into Greenville when I was home on leave and he gives a dance, There were posters up and everything about him being Blind Boy number two. The people there wouldn't let me go until I got and played a number and the last time I saw Brownie after I played my number was him walking out the door and going to catch a bus out of town. - Baby Tate speaking of Brownie McGhee, from the liner notes to "The Blues of Baby Tate, See What You Done Done" Bluesville # 1072

Author Topic: Other Musical Interests on YouTube  (Read 71043 times)

Offline JohnLeePimp

Re: Other Musical Interests on YouTube
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2011, 05:34:50 AM »
just saw a picture of joseph spence on the samuel charters and it reminded me of how awesome he is:

...so blue I shade a part of this town.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2011, 01:54:11 AM »
Here's a beautiful tune by JuJu aka Justin Adams & Juldeh Camara in acoustic mode for once.

"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline eagle rockin daddy

• Oh Glory How Happy I Am
    • myspace site
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 03:11:30 PM »
This  is my daughter Shaina, she has a lot of other videos on youtube, her website is:

www.shainataub.com

please buy her EP!

thanks,

Mike

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
A great jazz guitar duet by Eddie Lang and Carl Kress

Cheers

Pan

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 08:01:32 PM »
just saw a picture of joseph spence on the samuel charters and it reminded me of how awesome he is:

Coincidence, my fave long lost Joseph Spence album and I had just bought it again on the very day you posted.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 05:55:24 AM »
Here's Angelina & JC Grimshaw, accompanied by Paul Armfield on double bass, tackling a Hawai'ian piece (which is very laid back for JC).

And while we're on with it, here's another:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:58:33 AM by Parlor Picker »
Barbecue Bob

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
Ah this brings back memories. In 1991 I attended the 2nd Basingstoke Blues Festival. To be frank I found most of the acts boring and predictable with the exception of Angelina & The Cornbabies, an act from the Isle of Wight. They were playing good old fashioned acoustic country blues with more than a hint of Bessie Smith about the vocal. Two years later I went to the Onslow in Southampton to see an advertised duo of Angelina and J.C. who I'd never heard of before. Wrong...it was the same Angelina duetting with her brother John-Claude. Fantastic evening's entertainment. I've often wondered what became of them. Thanks to PP I now know.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:31:13 AM by Bunker Hill »

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 08:36:01 AM »
Ah this brings back memories. In 1991 I attended the 2nd Basingstoke Blues Festival. To be frank I found most of the acts boring and predictable with the exception of Angeline & The Cornbabies, an act from the Isle of Wight. They were playing good old fashioned acoustic country blues with more than a hint of Bessie Smith about the vocal. Two years later I went to the Onslow in Southampton to see an advertised duo of Angeline and J.C. who I'd never heard of before. Wrong...it was the same Angeline duetting with her brother John-Claude. Fantastic evening's entertainment. I've often wondered what became of them. Thanks to PP I now know.
They'll be at my house tomorrow for their (almost) annual visit and I'll be doing my best to convince them to attend the Euroweenie weekend next year (you missed Angelina a couple of years ago, Alan).
Barbecue Bob

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »
They'll be at my house tomorrow for their (almost) annual visit and I'll be doing my best to convince them to attend the Euroweenie weekend next year (you missed Angelina a couple of years ago, Alan).
Perhaps if they do I'll make an extra special effort to attend. (I've corrected misspelling of her name - a and not e as I had it)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 03:26:30 AM »
Perhaps if they do I'll make an extra special effort to attend. (I've corrected misspelling of her name - a and not e as I had it)
All the more reason to try and get them there then, Alan. It would be nice to meet up with you again.
Barbecue Bob

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2011, 12:45:24 PM »
Having survived a JC lesson at full bore I can vouch for his incredible technique as regards Hawaiian\jazz styles and what a nice bloke he is too  :) 
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2011, 08:56:40 PM »
Words fail me on this one. Simply stunning if you're a musician and appreciate klezmer. Check out the harmonies going on here.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 05:12:39 PM »
Hi all,
Here's a video of me playing a tune of mine, "The Singing Moon", with two wonderful Argentine tango dancers, Patricio Touceda and Eva Lucero.  The film was produced by a friend and former student of mine, David Paris, and it was his idea to do the film.  I hope you enjoy it.
All best,
John

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2011, 08:10:15 PM »
Fabulous! And Cheryl agrees.

We play "Maria Elena Waltz" as an accordion / guitar duet. I had not heard "The Singing Moon" before and it struck me immediately that this song is a second cousin to "Maria Elena" so I have at least a shot at figuring it out. Consider it covered at some point, to the best of our abilities.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:14:08 PM by Rivers »

Offline eric

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2011, 07:08:07 AM »
Beautiful.
--
Eric

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal