collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I thought, 'I'm gonna get me up a one man band.' ... I decided I'd get into it and might make me some money. I didn't know, I thought I might get lucky enough to get something out of it. If I didn't, I'd just be the same old Jesse. I wouldn't cry about it. I figured I was gonna live till I die anyway - Jesse Fuller

Author Topic: All My Friends Are Gone  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Bluesygirl

• I've Fallen And I Can't Reach My Guitar
Re: All My Friends Are Gone
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 11:48:03 AM »
Gee it should work the same way for me Wax.  I'm not even running Excel when trying to load them.  I'm just clicking on the tune link in the post and then it loads that way. Guess I'll have to keep troubleshooting. Funny though when I tune int the Juke, I always select WinAmp and that automatically launches iTunes.  Bg

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 11:48:15 AM »
BG,

That is really weird - something is renaming the file to have an .XLS extension?  The file name by the paperclip icon and that you should be downloading is:

s Business - All My Friends Are Gone.mp3

If the file name has a different extension - your Ausio prgram won't find it or load it. If the filename has a different extension (other than .MP3) rename the file to the above and try running it.

Cheers,
slack

Offline Bluesygirl

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »
Problem solved!  I decided to use Safari web browser instead of Internet Explorer, which is what I always use.  The file downloaded fine and I'm now listening to the song.  It sure was worth waiting for after going to so much trouble to hear it!  Bg

Offline SteveMcBill

• This too shall pass! So grab it while you can!
    • Steve Mc's Acoustic Guitar
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 01:32:19 PM »
Hi Bg

Makes me feel very humble that you went to so much trouble to download the file - sorry it was such a hassle - just hope that will help with other downloads off the Back Porch.

Having gone to so much trouble I am glad you enjoyed it - would have been mortified had you hated it after all that!

Cheers and keep on pluckin'

Steve
www.stevemcwilliam.co.uk/guitar/tab.htm

Offline Bluesygirl

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 02:01:05 PM »
It was definitely worth it and it listening to it gives me more inspiration and something to shoot for.  I've been working through Stefan Grossman's "Fingerpicking Guitar Techniques" DVD (and his CD version, which "All My Friends" is on).  So far I've learned "Oh Papa," "Death Come Creepin'", "Nobody's Business", "Shake That Thing" and I'm now working on "Make Me A Pallet." I just tried a little bit of "Coffee Blues" - my first tune that is not really based on alt-bass.  I will certainly be looking for versions of these songs online here to listen to.  Now that your rendition of "All My Friends" is in my iTunes program, I can listen to it whenever I want. (I hoe this isn't illegal). Bg

Tags: stevemcbill 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal