collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
"...probably the low point of my music-listening career": Mississippi bluesmen Skip James and John Hurt trying to perform a version of "Waiting for a Train" with one playing waltz time and the other 4/4 - David Evans quoted in Nolan Porterfield's biography of Jimmie Rodgers

Author Topic: Tommy Johnson  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
Tommy Johnson
« on: July 14, 2008, 03:46:39 AM »
with a little help of You Know Who I've been able to build a real heavily illustrated Tommy Johnson discography

Further info appreciated !

Stefan

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Tommy Johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 06:40:21 AM »
Yet another work of epic proportions!  Well done Stefan and Mr. Bunker Hill.  I think they both deserve a Golden Weenie.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 07:20:41 AM »
Yet another work of epic proportions!  Well done Stefan and Mr. Bunker Hill.  I think they both deserve a Golden Weenie.
Mine is but a miniscule part in this great endeavour. Would that my industry was as dedicated as that of the redoubtable Herr Wirz...

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:52:39 AM »
Are we sure Tommy really deserves a discography?  ;D

Thanks once again, Stefan.

I scrolled and scanned and did not find a listing for "I Want Someone to Love Me", the test pressing found a couple years ago. It is on the Yazoo disc Times Ain't Like They Used to Be, Vol 8, and also on one of the Blues Images calendar CDs, I believe.

Offline Stefan Wirz

• Tach-chen!
    • 'American Music'
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:43:41 AM »
thanks a lot andrew,
and I didn't have much more to do than transfer them both from my King Solomon Hill discography . . .

(We have a pretty little adjective here in Germany: to be 'betriebsblind', which my dictionary translates as 'blind to the shortcomings of one's company')

Stefan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal