collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
John had recently flown for the first time and did not like it at all. Pat Sky tried to reassure him, saying it was a pretty safe means of transport and adding, "Anyway, when it's your time to go, it's your time to go." John thought a while and answered, "Yeah, but what if you're on the plane and it's the pilot's time to go?" - from Phil Ratcliffe's Biography of Mississippi John Hurt

Author Topic: WTB: Pre-War Style 12 String!  (Read 559 times)

Offline ThatGuyWithThe12Stringer

• Howd'y'do!
WTB: Pre-War Style 12 String!
« on: July 29, 2023, 05:18:49 PM »
Good Evening!
I wish to purchase a 12-string guitar built in the pre-war style, be it an original or a modern reproduction such as a Fraulini, Dell Arte Leadbelly model, Hauver or Vintage Statesboro. I would prefer a long scale length, but a standard short scale (such as common with Regals) would be fine too. I prefer Grand Concert size models (I am rather short in stature) though an Auditorium would be perfectly acceptable. Any style of bridge and/or tailpiece, and as long as it's playable and stable, any condition, are fine with me.

I would prefer to pay less than $2500, though I am open to negotiation.

I am also considering commissioning Mike Hauver; he has told me he can make me a slightly stripped down BBQ Bob model for some $2,900 plus shipping etc

Thank you!
Whatever you're doing, go on and do it right!

Offline eric

Re: WTB: Pre-War Style 12 String!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 05:56:56 PM »
Talk to Todd Cambio.
--
Eric

Offline ThatGuyWithThe12Stringer

• Howd'y'do!
Re: WTB: Pre-War Style 12 String!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 06:01:22 PM »
I spoke with Todd as well;
He said he has nothing in stock, but later this year he might have an Auditorium size for $4,000. As excellent as that would likely be, I am looking to spend just a bit less...
If you see this, you'll likely know who I am - thanks Todd!
Whatever you're doing, go on and do it right!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal