collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It wasn't so much that I would ask them how to play. A lot of the stuff I knew from old records.... What they usually talked to me about was how to conduct myself as a person. They tried to keep me away from all the things they went through. They tried to keep my nose clean, and they succeeded pretty good - Jerry Ricks, on time spent with the Old Ones, interview in Blues Review No. 46, April 1999

Author Topic: New Johnny Shines Document Disc  (Read 1793 times)

HardLuckChild

New Johnny Shines Document Disc
« on: March 09, 2005, 07:09:09 PM »
Does anyone have, or is anyone thinking of, purchasing the new Johnny Shines disc? It's a Document disc of Shines performing live in the 70s, from what I understand. I think the guy is very underrated, especially as a lyricist and slide player. I much prefer him to David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Johnson's other famous contemporary.

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: New Johnny Shines Document Disc
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 02:20:36 PM »
Got it! Redlick sent it through last week and it's been on the deck the whole time.  I think it's great, the singing is fabulous and there is some really nice playing.

Because it's a live recording the dynamics are exaggerated compared to a studio cut, so it's not necessarilly one for the car.

If you like J.Shines even a little then buy it.

Phil

Tags: Johnny Shines 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal