collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Always keep your hat on. You know back in those days there was quite a lot of jealous guys in the audience and sometimes you have to run. But, If you got your hat on your head and you have to run, you know you left the house with it - Mississippi John Hurt giving advice to Archie Edwards

Author Topic: Tuners needed for parlor guitar  (Read 1917 times)

Offline ozrkreb

Tuners needed for parlor guitar
« on: March 19, 2005, 03:45:06 PM »
Howdy folks:
Yesterday I picked up a little parlor guitar at a local antique/flea market. It's in rough shape, but with a little work it'll still make music. Unfortunately, the tuners are messed up....both sides. Of course it's a slot-head. Does anyone happen to have a set of tuners that they would be willing to sell? Thanks!
Az
My hook's on bottom, but my cork's on top

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Tuners needed for parlor guitar
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 09:17:53 AM »
Hi Az, it may be tough to find tuners that match the exisitng ones.  They do make new slot head tuners - which offer the advantage of... working well.  You might call Luthiers Mercantile International or Stewart McDonald -- both are very helpful and both carry slot head machines.

http://www.lmii.com
http://stewmac.com

cheers,

Offline Cambio

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 10:02:44 AM »
Slack's absolutely right, old tuners are getting really hard to find and you might have to buy another guitar just to get a decent set.  I think that the only 3 on a plate tuners that Stew Mac offers are Waverly's, which are terribly expensive ($190), but LMI offers a set of Gothoh's that seem promising ($30), although I've never used them.  I've had good luck with other Gothoh tuners in the past.  You can also get a set of 3 on a plate Van Gents from National, which will probably fit the old spacing, but expect to pay about $60.
Good Luck.

Offline ozrkreb

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 06:48:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I found exactly what I need.
Az
My hook's on bottom, but my cork's on top

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal