collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...traditional musicians, too, often try to "get it down just like" an admired player picks a particular tune. This is not slavish imitation for its own sake but rather a passionate desire to get at the very sinews of the style, based on the realization that the impact of traditional music depends on detail and an evocative context... - Art Rosenbaum, Old-Time Mountain Banjo

Author Topic: Calling any Weenies in or near Perth, Scotland!  (Read 582 times)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Calling any Weenies in or near Perth, Scotland!
« on: September 05, 2016, 03:48:24 AM »
I have a solo gig on Saturday 10th September from 6-8pm at the Venue in Perth (38 St Johns Street. Perth PH15SP). If you're in or near Perth and like early blues from the 1920s/30s/40s, please come along! I'll be playing some old guitars that don't often get an outing and am keeping my fingers crossed that my voice will last and that I'll remember 2 hours' worth of lyrics!

Offline Longsands

• Howdy!
Re: Calling any Weenies in or near Perth, Scotland!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 09:52:45 AM »
Well I'm closer to Perth than most people here, but not close enough on this occasion, I'm afraid.  Maybe next time you stray south of the border (I think I might have seen you in the Tyne pub at the mouth of the Ouseburn a few years ago)

David

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 02:55:53 PM »
Break a leg, professor!

Can we long distance fans hope for a video?

Cheers,

Pan

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 04:05:33 PM »
Between your gig in Perth on the 10th and Pan's gig in Paris on the 15th, I wish I was going to Europe for the next two weeks, Allan.  Have a good one, and I hope you get a good crowd.
All best,
Johnm

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal