collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence - Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Author Topic: John Miller Concert Wish  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: John Miller Concert Wish
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2020, 10:01:07 PM »
Thanks very much, Pan, and Stuart and John! I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I was nervous leading up to it, but was pretty relaxed once it actually started happening. I felt a lot of warmth coming from the people who were watching, which is kind of mysterious, because I couldn't see anybody! Thanks to the Trumansburg Conservatory for hosting the concert and Mark Costa for walking me through the whole process so expertly, including setting up my own youtube channel.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2020, 03:37:57 AM »
Made my Sunday morning. Great choice of songs and tunes. Another one soon?

Offline Old Man Ned

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2020, 10:03:17 AM »
Thanks John, enjoyed watching the concert this morning. Loved it all, especially your version of Saturday Blues.
All the best, Ned

Offline joe paul

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2020, 10:30:05 AM »
That was great John, thank you, watched it this morning too.
Saturday Blues was cool, and What Are They Doing In Heaven Today, yes, I really like that arrangement.
Off the subject a little, but has there been a thread here, adventures in Bflat? That piqued my curiosity, I had a look but couldn't find one.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »
Thanks Prof, and Old Man Ned and Gordon, I'm glad the concert stayed up on my channel so that folks on your side of the Atlantic didn't have to start watching it at midnight (unless you wanted to). Thanks for the good words, and I probably will do it again, now that I have a better sense of what is involved, and how to go about it. Onward and upward!
All best,
Johnm

Offline Forgetful Jones

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2020, 04:29:02 PM »
Thank you for the great show, John. I had my notification set and watched it in real time. I was distracted by one of my daughters when you mentioned the tuning for Washington Phillips "What Are They Doing in Heaven?" What a wonderful song that is.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2020, 04:47:50 PM »
Thanks very much, Forgetful Jones. I couldn't agree more with you about "What Are They Doing In Heaven Today?"--it is such a beautiful song. My arrangement is in open Bb tuning, FBbDFBbD, as was the final tune in the concert, one of mine called "The Last Time". Thanks for watching.
All best,
Johnm

Offline harriet

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »
Thanks John, I really enjoyed the concert, I have some of your lessons from Stefan Grossman so I have seen you demonstrate in the lesson but I haven't seen you "in concert" before - you have a great engaging presence as a performer.   I watched the concert today as well, you might be interested in that they replay the live chat. Look forward to the next one.

Stay safe and well,
Harriet

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 05:42:17 AM »
Thanks very much, Harriet.
All best,
Johnm

Offline kinsuk

• Howdy!
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2020, 04:15:26 PM »
Is the concert on youtube ?

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2020, 05:34:28 PM »
Hi kinsuk,
Yes, the concert is on youtube. Go through this thread from it's beginning and on page 2, I think, you'll find a link to the concert. I hope you enjoy it.
All best,
Johnm

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal