collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I want you to think 'bout the things, baby, that me and you used to do - Frank Stokes, Bedtime Blues

Author Topic: Jake Xerxes Fussell  (Read 891 times)

Offline David Kaatz

Jake Xerxes Fussell
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:52:55 PM »
Hey fellow Weenies, have any of you heard of this man? I just listened to an interview with him, https://m.mixcloud.com/greg-vandy/jake-xerxes-fussell-in-studio-oct-16-2019-kexp/
Quite an interesting background, parents are folklorists, he knew both Precious Bryan and Les Blank well. 
He has a lovely, relaxed performance delivery. A bunch of YouTube videos are available as well.

Dave
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:58:38 PM by David Kaatz »

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Jake Xerxes Fussell
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:31:40 PM »
I have, Dave, but I can't remember exactly when and where. I think it may have been on one of the KBCS shows a while ago. I liked what I heard and did some searching for more info. In addition to the YT videos, he has a Bandcamp page where you can sample songs and read  further about Jake and the songs, etc.

https://jakexerxesfussell.bandcamp.com
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 08:12:23 AM by Stuart »

Offline David Kaatz

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 11:59:52 PM »
Thanks Stuart. I might have fixed it.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 02:20:19 AM »
I bought his latest LP "Out of Sight" having heard him on the radio and it's great. I see he's about to go on tour with Joan Shelley, doing a support slot and then switching to bass in her band.

I also discovered he played a gig a couple of years ago several miles from my home here in the UK. Wish I'd seen him.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 10:13:48 PM »
Thanks guys, I enjoyed exploring. I found it very relaxing, human and optimistic. Personally I benefit from medicine like that on a daily basis at present.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal