collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Hey, baby, you just as full of gas as you can be. Because when you get drunk, you come home and blow up on me - Charley Jordan, Gasoline Blues

Author Topic: Phil Wiggins interview  (Read 719 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Phil Wiggins interview
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:34:07 AM »
There is a long interview with Phil Wiggins here: http://thebluesblast.com/Archive/BluesBlasts/2012/BluesBlast1_26_12.htm

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Phil Wiggins interview
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
Good job Terry Mullins there. Phil is truly, to use an overused superlative, but in this case it's fitting, amazing.

On my last trip to Port Townsend a few of us were sitting outside number 15 one early evening, and I idly started playing a blues in E, I think it was loosely based on Son House's Depot Blues but at a bit of a faster clip, more like Sam McGee's Railroad Blues, the two songs are closely related IMO and so I like to combine them.

Phil quietly appeared behind my left shoulder and started playing and it was like being scooped-up on the cow catcher of one of those old locomotives. After the initial surprise had worn off I just kept on playing and he literally pushed us both down the tracks. I don't think I've never played better or enjoyed myself so much, and I certainly never will forget the rush, it felt like accelerating down the runway on a jet. Whew!

Tags: Phil Wiggins 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal