collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...back in the days when you recorded performances instead of performing recordings - Willie Dixon, autobiography

Author Topic: Additions to Weeniepedia  (Read 48970 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Additions to Weeniepedia
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 04:14:43 AM »
Ah ha, I have made that exact same mistake, creating an article when I intended it to be a category. I have deleted it.

It's weird until you get used to it, you have to do everything 'bottom-up' in a categorized wiki, essentially creating a low-level article first with the new category tag on it, then clicking on the new (red) category link to create and edit the new category / sub-category.

Anyway, kudos to you for understanding the layout and I hope you'll feel inspired to do more wiki editing.

Offline mr mando

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »
Hi all,
just to let you know I uploaded a jpg of Banjo Ikey Robinson and linked it to his artists page.

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2009, 05:30:50 PM »
Over the last few weeks I've been adding entries to the Weeniepedia annotated bibliography.  It's now up to 19 entries.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2009, 07:22:15 PM »
Great work dj. Slowly but surely weeniepedia will become a world class resource.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 04:35:15 AM »
Great work dj. Slowly but surely weeniepedia will become a world class resource.
I'll second that, on both counts. I really must get my act together and add some!

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 05:17:48 AM »
Further to that I see there's quite a useful list of blues books here...but that is all it is...a list. http://www.earlyblues.com/blues%20books%20-%20recommendations.htm

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2009, 07:23:01 AM »
Further to that I see there's quite a useful list of blues books here...but that is all it is...a list. http://www.earlyblues.com/blues%20books%20-%20recommendations.htm

Hardly what you'd call a "comprehensive bibliography", is it?
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »
Still a good list on that site, though.

Thanks for adding to the bibliography, dj. I've got a bunch of stuff to add there as well but am first dealing with migrating the revised Lemon lyrics over.

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 09:12:52 AM »
Hardly what you'd call a "comprehensive bibliography", is it?
Speaking as someone who folk claim lives in a book and magazine warehouse, no, but to others it might appear "comprehensive". :) But I take your point.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »
Hi all,
I've been adding lyrics to Weeniepedia, artist pages, etc.  All of the Guitar Slim & Jellybelly, Cedar Creek Sheik, Tom Dickson, and Gabriel Brown lyrics that have been transcribed have been entered as well as a lot of others.  There are now over 650 Country Blues song lyrics entered there, with the complete lyrics of many artists transcribed.  Check it out, it's really becoming quite a resource.
All best,
Johnm

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2009, 11:14:26 AM »
That's great, John. Thanks for your diligence.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 10:23:11 AM »
Hi all,
I don't have any sense of how much folks are visiting/utilizing Weeniepedia, but I've been doing a bunch of entries there.  There are now lyrics to 698 Country Blues songs available there, and I've added artist pages on Ralph Willis, Hambone Willie Newbern, Frank Hovington, Uncle Dave Macon, Jimmie Rodgers, The Two Poor Boys, and Lonzie Thomas.  If you haven't been there for a while or have never examined it, you might want to check it out, it's in the left Main Menu column.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 07:33:06 PM »
Well, I just wanted to say, that I, for one, visit Weeniepedia quite often, and that I think that it is a tremendous resource. I do believe that I'm not alone on this, but somehow, when you take things like this for granted, you easily forget to express your gratitude towards it.

Anyway, thanks for the great work, everyone involved!

Pan

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
Well, I just wanted to say, that I, for one, visit Weeniepedia quite often, and that I think that it is a tremendous resource. I do believe that I'm not alone on this, but somehow, when you take things like this for granted, you easily forget to express your gratitude towards it.

Anyway, thanks for the great work, everyone involved!
Pan
I'll second all of that. Keep up the good work, especially all you tireless lyric transcribers.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 04:31:14 PM »
Hi all,
Just a Weeniepedia update:  There are now more than 700 Country Blues song lyric transcriptions there, and the complete recorded lyrics of several musicians are transcribed.
All best,
Johnm

Tags: Weeniepedia 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal