collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well now you know my mother told me when I was only six weeks old "You'd best find one o' your six weeks old women now then, Mama's goin' set your clothes outdoors." - John Henry Barbee, Six Weeks Old Blues

Author Topic: Mance Lipscomb  (Read 858 times)

Offline whigski3

• Hi!
Mance Lipscomb
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:03:50 AM »
I re-bought the album Texas Songster today that I haven't listened to in a while since I have the cassette version. I like to listen to music while I drive.

The album is like a good friend.  I just wanted to share that with folks who would understand!   Hey, and if you don't have it, you can get a good sample of all of the tracks at Amazon and see what I'm talking about (Try "Freddie", track #3, I think).    I think I need to rebuy my Lightnin' Hopkin's album's next!  And maybe an electric guitar?  : )

Drive safe!
Bill Whig
I'm sitting here wondering, will a matchbox hold my clothes...

Offline matt milton

• Howdy!
Re: Mance Lipscomb
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:16:28 AM »
I know exactly what you mean. He's one of those guys I keep coming back to, who it seems I can never get bored with hearing. I guess it's because he sounds like he's whispering life lessons in your ear.

Offline whigski3

• Hi!
Re: Mance Lipscomb
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
I know exactly what you mean. He's one of those guys I keep coming back to, who it seems I can never get bored with hearing. I guess it's because he sounds like he's whispering life lessons in your ear.

I never thought he was whispering any lessons I didn't know. I don't even know most of the words.  But I'm grateful for anyone who has brought me a little joy.  Funny, the power that can lie in a $6.99 cassette.  I just like to include these words as my tribute and in case it might help other folks to spend their listening-money well.

Bill Whig
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:28:52 PM by whigski3 »
I'm sitting here wondering, will a matchbox hold my clothes...

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal