collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ain't no heaven and there ain't no burning hell, where I'm going when I die can't nobody tell - Son House, My Black Mama part 1

Author Topic: Weeniepedia working bees  (Read 16219 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Weeniepedia working bees
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:00:46 AM »
Getting all the pending lyrics into weeniepedia is the next step. It's not a quicky since the first post of a lyric may not have been updated as corrections came in.

I'm going to take on the Lemon lyrics as a mini project and I'm starting from the end of the topic and working backwards, I figure it will be easier to pick up corrections that way. Ideally we should put a link on the wiki page to the post in the forum topic. I've put a link to the forum topic on the wiki's Lemon Lyrics category page for quick navigation. I'm going to do them all in a text editor because it'll be quicker and will post in batches as I go.

If someone wants to volunteer to start from half way through the thread and also work backward eventually we'll mow this tall grass down. Goal should be to apply all corrections to weeniepedia as we go.

Wiki Lemon lyric category is here: http://www.weeniecampbell.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Blind_Lemon_Jefferson_Lyrics
Forum topic is here: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=128&topic=314.0

Use the same layout as Andrew created for Dry Southern Blues. Category tags to place at the bottom of the page are: [[category:Blind Lemon Jefferson Lyrics]][[category:Lyrics]]

For anything in doubt that needs more discussion please post on the forum topic and also put this additional category assignment at the bottom of the wiki lyric that indicates it's a Work In Progress so we can find 'em again easily for final resolution: [[category:Lyrics WIP]]

So who wants to help me? Plus volunteers needed for Frank Stokes I should think, and others.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 10:19:44 AM by Rivers »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Weeniepedia working bees
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:11:15 PM »
I'm on a roll and will do all the Lemon lyrics. 55 titles so far, about 35 to go.

Still need volunteers for Frank Stokes...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:12:52 PM by Rivers »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »
Lemon's done and under review, when I can get time to moderate.

Johnm, I linked the boll weevil page to Arcana, since that's such a great picture I wanted to be able to find it again easily and it was 'lost in space' category-wise. I guess it could also be linked to the main Lyrics category. Perhaps when you get time you could drop the text content in there.

To visit with one of the charismatic stars of weeniepedia go to the boll weevil page.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 08:23:09 AM by Rivers »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 01:02:02 PM »
Things are serious when you've got to have legs for your snout.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »
I noticed that under Artists we have the Mississippi Sheiks listed as "Mississippi Sheiks", under M and we have the Down Home Boys listed as "The Down Home Boys" under T. I've always thought the standard for alphabetizing was that articles such as a and the don't count, but we should at least be consistent?

Wax
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 04:20:58 PM »
I say take the bull by the horns and fix it.  ;D It can always be changed back, or changed again.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »
Well, I had already alphabetized the Down Home Boys under D once, possibly in all the lyric stuff Slack later made moot, but I mentioned it at the time as something we needed to decide which way to go, so we didn't keep changing things back and forth. Just looking for a consensus.

Wax
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 07:02:17 PM »
D is good. It was probably a victim of the alphabetization cleanup.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:41:38 PM »
Wax, I remember you mentioning it -- but don't remember you changing it -- 'course that is an easy thing to check by clicking on the page history.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 09:26:45 PM »
Like I said, was probably when I was doing all those lyric page changes. I think I changed it on that list, which you later rolled back. But I mentioned it at the time and never noticed whether anything else got changed. I guess not. But it's not like it was one of the more important things we had to do at the time. I'm just picking the ball up again, 'cause I noticed the discrepancy today.

So, do we use the rule that articles like "a" and "the" don't count in alphabetizing, even tho' they may be displayed (The Mississippi Sheiks) as the title of the act?

If so, I'll make any adjustments I see needed.

Wax
George Bernard Shaw

Joseph Heller, Catch-22

CD on YT

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:28:16 PM »
Sure, dropping the "The" makes sense to me.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal