collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I went to the graveyard just to dig me up some gold.. - Allen Brothers, Maybe Next Week Sometime, 1930

Author Topic: John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal  (Read 2293 times)

Offline outfidel

John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal
« on: June 13, 2007, 12:13:35 PM »
"However, the OM was rediscovered in the late 1960s by players like Eric Schoenberg and John Miller, who felt the guitar's balanced bass-to-treble response was better-suited to the complex fingerstyle technique they were pioneering than the booming bass-heavy sound of dreadnoughts."

"The 14-Fret Bet: The True Story of Perry Bechtel and the Orchestra Model"
by Richard Johnston and Peter Kohman
Summer 2007 edition of Fretboard Journal
Support musicians in need - join the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »
Good eye Outfidel, I read the article and missed the reference to John! 

The Fretboard Journal quarterly, IMO, has turned out to be a very fine magazine... it has just gotten better.  It really appeals to me and my various interests - acoustic guitars, electric guitars, oddball fretted instruments, luthiers, players - there seems to always be one country blues or blues related article as well.  We started talking about it here, but never followed up:

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=114&topic=1917.0

Alex, hang on to that out of print first issue -- this issue mentions that one went for 300 bucks on eBay.  I'm holding out for 500.  :P

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Re: John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:08:01 PM »
Alex, hang on to that out of print first issue -- this issue mentions that one went for 300 bucks on eBay.  I'm holding out for 500.  :P

John:

Will do!

I to like this publication a lot, it's the only guitar mag I get that I read cover-to-cover. Excellent photography.

Alex
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:13:41 PM by GhostRider »

Tags: John Miller 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal