collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...I can think that, well... my voice will change, I'll be John Hurt on this song, I'll be Skip James on that one, I'll be Tommy McClennan on that one. How many voices you got? They're going one style, one kind of sound from their area, and singing in their voice - Jerry Ricks, Port Townsend 97

Author Topic: Seems Like a Dream - Yank Rachell song with mandolin  (Read 999 times)

Offline MuddyBuddy

• Bert Deivert - blues mandolin
Seems Like a Dream - Yank Rachell song with mandolin
« on: July 18, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »
Hi this is a video taken at a a festival in Lithuania in the beginning of July. I played mandolin and sang accompanied by two great Russian musicians living in Lithuania, Aleksandr and Grazina. The tune is SEEMS LIKE A DREAM, which Yank Rachell originally did with guitar and voices. I rearranged it for the Yank Rachell tribute cd that came out a few years ago, and it is also on my Takin' Sam's Advice cd. Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers
BERT

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:17:17 PM by MuddyBuddy »

Offline Doc White

• Good medicine
    • Doc White
Re: Seems Like a Dream - Yank Rachell song with mandolin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 07:52:58 PM »
Hi Bert,
Glad to see you made it back to Europe from Thailand.
Nice clip - looked like a pop concert.
Cheers,
Doc

Offline MuddyBuddy

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
Yeah made it back from Thailand Doc, and going back in November after a gig at the Himalayan Blues Festival in Katmandhu. Some great blues over there. This festival had an audience of young enthusiastic people. A lot of blues festivals I have played at had an average age of 50 or so, it seems! ;-) This one was a real different one.

Eric Sardinas invited me up the next night to do a song with him on his set, and there were about 3000 screaming kid in the audience. Lotsa fun!

Cheers
BERT

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 01:25:09 AM »
Nice one, Bert! You guys were really rocking there and the (apparently quite young) audience seemed to be really liking it. Thanks for posting.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline MuddyBuddy

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »
If you want to see more Aleksandr has put up Divin' Duck from the same festival, and That's Alright from a concert gig the same week.

Cheers
BERT

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal