collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He had a big ol' dog. If you didn't give some beer, he'd bite you - Tampa Red, Yank Rachell on Tampa Red's dog

Author Topic: Member Map!  (Read 43180 times)

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
Re: Member Map!
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »
just became aware and got my pin in.  I think I got it pretty much in my driveway - amazing. 

What's up with Indiana - is there a satellite blackout there?

tom

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2006, 02:29:05 PM »
No problem at all on Macs. Either Safari or Firefox. I got the pin right on my front deck.

BTW Slack, now that I'm back home using Fiefox on my desktop, those dropout issues seem to have gone away. Maybe the switch to Joomla did it. Left column centering issue (in Safari) gone too.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2006, 02:37:22 PM »
Great John.

Well that is the way to go then --- maybe it was Frappr that was not ready for Macs.

Re: Indiana -- maybe it is just a big ol' corn field.  :D

boots

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2006, 02:39:47 PM »
Re: Indiana -- maybe it is just a big ol' corn field.

... or as they used to say 'there be dragons'.  >:D

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2006, 07:58:55 AM »
Not sure this is directly related to this feature, but I got the attached error when modifying my profile.  I thought that maybe the map feature didn't like my address & cleared it out...  still get the same message, in both IE (6.0, I think) and Firefox 1.5.0.1.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2006, 10:20:56 AM »
Hmm, I cannot recreate the error.  Anyone else getting this when they cahnge stuff on their profile?

Offline Bunker Hill

« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2006, 10:23:39 AM »
No problem at all on Macs. Either Safari or Firefox. I got the pin right on my front deck.
Hmm. I beg to differ. Being stuck in a timewarp - as I am - I'm still using Mac OS9 and I can't even get to see the map, let alone stick a pin in it. But I'm not that bothered since I do identify my location in my profile. :)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 10:24:58 AM by Bunker Hill »

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2006, 10:29:26 AM »
Hmm, I cannot recreate the error.

I'm certainly not running the most recent XP service pack, so the problem could be there.  I'll try flushing the cache...

Edit:  clearing the cache changes nothing...  definitely looks like it's related to my OS version.

boots

« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2006, 10:14:29 AM »
No problems with Firefox 1.5 on Win 2000.

Offline Doc Brainerd

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2010, 06:59:38 PM »
Hello!
It just occurred to me that the Member map showed my old location out in Minnesota so I thought now would be a good time to update things, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to change map locations. I don't see any editing options on the map page. I did try clicking on the phrase "Click here to place your pin if you have not already" but that only led me to my forum profile info, still with no option for editing my map location. Any suggestions from the Map Lords?

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »
Hi Doc, it looks like a component of the member map is not working -- clicking on the edit is supposed to take you to your profile where you could edit/delete you pin - but it is not displaying the map in the profile.  I'll look into it when I get some time.

Thanks,
slack

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #131 on: August 18, 2010, 01:59:40 AM »
Hi Doc, it looks like a component of the member map is not working -- clicking on the edit is supposed to take you to your profile where you could edit/delete you pin - but it is not displaying the map in the profile.  I'll look into it when I get some time.

Thanks,
slack
I ran into the same problem this morning. Wasted a few minutes going backwards & forwards trying to pinpoint where I was going wrong.
Will it get fixed?

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:20 AM »
Old author gave it up -- but new author has taken it over, so it looks like the map may be supported again.  I've installed the new version, looks like it works -- but give it a try.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »
~~~~ time passes ~~~~

The member map is working pretty well these days, and WC.com has become more international, click to see the wwww: http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?action=googlemap

But it would be great if more of you would stick your pins. Fewer than 10% have done so. It's easy:

You have to be logged in to do this. Click the top menu button 'Profile'. In the profile page's side menu 'Modify Profile' click 'Forum Profile'. Follow the directions from there.

You don't have to land the pin right on your residence, just the general vicinity would be excellent for getting a feel for where everyone is at.

Kudos to Slack for persevering with it, and duh! to me, since I thought it was a dumb idea at the outset but now think it's a really useful tool for understanding the weenie demographic.

OK as of right now there are 195 pins...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:36:59 PM by Rivers »

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2011, 05:47:02 PM »
201 present, 6 new pins planted today.
Thanks folks, and please keep them coming.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal