Country Blues > Country Blues Lyrics

King Solomon Hill - Tell Me Baby, King Solomon Hill Lyrics

(1/10) > >>

blueshome:
I'm being fooling around with this for a while, it being perhaps Joe Holmes most accessible song in terms of trying to come up with a playable version, and so I just wanted to check out my version of the lyrics. The guitar is so integrated I've tried to show where it picks up the lines in place of vocal.  Here is "Tell Me Baby":

Tell Me Baby,  played out of Vastapol, ~E

1. Guitar intro verse

2. Ah, tell me baby, what fault you find by me?
   I'm gonna find my suitcase, beat it back to Tennessee

3. gtr...hold my hands and cry...gtr.....I've been treated so sly, now
   Tell me baby, what fault you find of me?
   I'm gonna pack my suitcase ......gtr...

4. Nickel is a nickel, dime is a dime, wish I had a lovin mama by me all the time
   Call her baby!
   I'm gonna pack my suitcase .....gtr....

5. Nickel is a nickel, dime is a dime, got a house full of children, nair one of them mine
   Oh tell me baby......gtr....

6. Baby I can't se, Honey to save my life, why we can't get along as just man and wife
   Ah tell me baby, what fault you find of me
   I'm gonna pack my suitcase ....gtr..

7. My Momma told me, Poppa told me too, told me whiskey and women gonna be ruin of   you
   I call my baby, what fault you find.....gtr......

8. Gtr verse

9. Gtr verse - end hurried. (I suppose the red light came on)

Richard:
Any mp3's about?

banjochris:

--- Quote from: blueshome on January 24, 2010, 04:43:56 AM ---7. My Momma told me, Poopa told me too, all these Western women gonna be round on   you

--- End quote ---

Phil -- I think you've got most of this right, excepting a few words here and there (I'm pretty sure it's "beat it back" in the chorus, for instance), but this one line is pretty different -- it should be:

I say Mama told me, Papa told me too, told me whiskey and women gonna be the ruin of you,
etc.
Chris

blueshome:
Thanks Chris, I've edited the above to include the changes. I knew it was "beat it" but always fall back on S.J.Estes' "ease it" hence to error.
Richard, I'll find the CD and post an mp3 because it's agreat performance and he has a terrific slide tone.

Parlor Picker:
I'm anticipating the falsetto vocal with baited breath.  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version