collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
This here number was sung way back yonder. My grandmother sung it, my grandmother's mother sung it, my mother's grandmother's mother's mother's grandmother sung it. Way back yonder, 500 years old. - Rev. Gary Davis introduces Children of Zion, From Blues to Gospel

Author Topic: Moonshiner's Dance Part One--What's On the Other Side?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Moonshiner's Dance Part One--What's On the Other Side?
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:42:06 AM »
From the time that I first acquired the Anthology of American Folk Music in the late 60's I have been struck by the singular nature (in the AAFM collection at least) of "Moonshiner's Dance" Part One by Frank Cloutier & The Victoria Cafe Orchestra. I was always curious about the other side of the record--was it "Part Two?" And if so, what did it sound like?

After visiting the JuneBerry78s website and seeing that they have compiled a couple of CDs titled "Other Sides of Anthology of American Folk Music" and noticing that the flip side of "MD Part One" was not among the offerings, I e-mailed Norm at Juneberry78s and asked him if it was among their holdings. He replied that he had never heard it and did not know of anyone who had the original 78. He is as curious as I am about it.

So fellow fans of this particular aspect of human phenomena sometimes popularly referred to as American Roots Music, have any of you ever heard the other side of "MD Part One" or know if it is available?

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Moonshiner's Dance Part One--What's On the Other Side?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 05:11:06 PM »
Have you asked Joe Bussard? I bet he'd know, probably has a copy and might make you a tape... http://www.vintage78.com/siteCF/

Forgive me if you've already been down that track.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:35:45 PM »
Rivers:

Thanks for the suggestion. I assumed (forgetting, of course, to "assume nothing") that the people at Juneberry78s would have exhausted all leads when interrogating the usual suspects in their search for the "Other Sides" in their AAFM complementary CD project. I'll send Joe and e-mail and let you know what I hear back.

Stu

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 05:44:21 PM »
Interested to hear Joe's response.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal