collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Charlie had so many crazy pieces you couldn't count 'em - Charlie Patton, remembered by Son House

Author Topic: Prince Albert Hunt short film  (Read 887 times)

Offline beljum

Prince Albert Hunt short film
« on: July 29, 2012, 04:37:26 PM »

I thought this interesting..

http://www.folkstreams.net/film,180

Offline Adam Franklin

Re: Prince Albert Hunt short film
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:48:22 AM »
This looks great, thanks for the post. Unfortunately I've got the (official Guiness) worlds worst internet connection today, so the actual viewing will have to wait.............

I love what Steve James did with his arrangement of 'Blues in the Bottle'. I used to do have arrangement more akin to the original, I might dig that out again......

Offline RB

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
I enjoyed that.  Don't go around with another guy's wife; it could be bad for your health.

I had lived in Texas just a little before that film was made and seeing those people interviewed reminded me of people then.

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »
So that's where Blues In The Bottle came from.  Before today I'd never heard a version older than the Holy Modal Rounders'.  Nice film.  Thanks for the link.

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 03:25:15 PM »
I enjoyed this too - thanks for posting it, beljum. I knew Blues In The Bottle from The Kitchen Syncopators CDs so good for me to track down the originator. And always good to find another white bluesman. I love it when the lines get blurry!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal