collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now if you evuh wanna call up de Devil, don't furgit dat he gonna test you out good an' dat he ain't gonna show up de first Sunday you goes out to de forks of de road an' calls 'im; he ain't gonna show up no sooner'n de third time you calls 'im an' maybe not den - from Jim Finn on Calling Up the Devil in J. Mason Brewer's American Negro Folklore

Author Topic: Audio file hosting website  (Read 1462 times)

Offline TX_Songster

• From Fort Worth, hometown of The Black Ace
Audio file hosting website
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:11:45 PM »
Howdy all, I'm looking for an audio file hosting website.  I'd rather not use Myspace because that website is blocked at my work.  The purpose is simply to upload some audio clips of my recordings and link them to a couple messages boards such as this one.

Thanks,
Joel

Offline Mike Brosnan

Re: Audio file hosting website
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
Soundclick seems popular:
http://www.soundclick.com/

Offline Mike McLaren

• Makin' Up the Blues
    • Acoustic Passage
Re: Audio file hosting website
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »
Hey TX.

Myspace is pretty trashy; I've got some of my stuff there, but I'll probably be taking it down in the next few weeks.

I have the best luck with EZ Folk and iSound. I have a hard time navigating iClick and Download.com, but I've also got stuff there, too. You might also look into Folk Alley (it says folk, but this year the web site did highlights on Guy Davis, Rory Block, and Harry Manx. I don't get as many hits on Folk Alley as I do EZ Folk and iSound, but FA is easy to navigate.

If you're surfin' at work, make sure you've got some time; sometimes you can watch the progress bar for ten minutes while you upload your mp3's and your photos, and then the whole process kacks and you have to start over... gotta have your files named correctly and your file sizes have to be just so.

Have fun. Let me know when you've posted your music.

Mike
 ;)
Woke up this morning... I think.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal