collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ain't never loved but three men in my life. One's my father, and my brother, and the man that wrecked my life - Alberta Hunter, Down Hearted Blues

Author Topic: My new National, not a washboard this time  (Read 698 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
My new National, not a washboard this time
« on: January 21, 2012, 07:04:10 PM »
I  had to pull the trigger on a 2nd hand NRP El Trovador today. My main Guild does everything but open tunings and the El T was needed to fill the gap. I'll see if I can get something up on youtube or somewhere, it has an incredible sound. This is the actual instrument, I guess it may not stay up on their website for long so the image link may stop working at some point:

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:09:23 PM by Rivers »

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
Re: My new National, not a washboard this time
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:29:15 PM »
Very nice! If I had it to do all over, I would buy one these instead of the Style EN that replaced my Style O (which never has come home to Poppa after being stolen - SN 244 in case she evercomes to a town near you).
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline unezrider

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:12 PM »
she's a beauty, rivers! (don'tcha just love the necks on those newer nats, too? ) mine starts off as a V, then somewhere around the 7th - 9th fret it becomes a C. very comfy.  they really make a good product.
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48:59 PM »
Great neck on this thing, I hadn't analysed exactly why but makes sense unezrider. FrontPage, I was flirting with a gorgeous German silver Style N but it was too expensive and less fun, at least immediately. I need both but hey. Sorry to hear your Nat was stolen. What happened?

I've been capoing El Trovador in Spanish in the few hours I've had it, found a sweet spot with some Memphis Minnie songs, What's The Matter with the The Mill, Call The Fire Wagon, Joliet Bound. It opens up a whole world of music I couldn't quite reach before so I'm pretty rapt right now. Started dusting-off some things I haven't been able to play in years.

Offline slidnslim

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 05:23:28 AM »
 >:Congratulations Rivers I love those Eltrovador's s they have  such a old time sound especially with a glass bottleneck! I love my wood National too

Kenny,

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
Thanks Kenny. I haven't tried glass as yet, being enamored of my brass Rock Slide at present, highly recommended.
http://www.therockslide.com/new/main.php

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal