Country Blues > Weenie Campbell Main Forum

Question re: Sister Rosetta Tharpe

(1/3) > >>

SFguitar:
I have the Proper Box reissue set of Sister Rosetta Tharpe, which I quite enjoy.? (I have to confess, I'm still making my way through it, slowly.)? On the recordings in that collection, she seems to be playing an acoustic guitar; an arch-top, "f" hole model.? I have seen a video clip of her playing electric guitar, however, which was really great, too.? I was wondering whether anyone knows if she ever recorded using an electric guitar and, if so, whether are any CDs out there featuring her electric playing?? Thanks.

Slack:
Hi SFG,

"Live in 1960" is with electric guitar:  there is an interview stating that she cranked her guitar up to 11.  :D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005Y88D/qid=1105576175/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/002-6370527-2268817?v=glance&s=music

Also here is the link to the video clip (whcih I could not get to load so will try later). 

http://bluesland.net/thang/tharpe.html

Cheers,
slack

SFguitar:
Thanks very much, Slack.? I'll have to get that CD.? Thanks for the link to the clip, too.? That's the clip I saw, I think as a "bonus" feature on the DVD set of "American Roots Music."? I was able to get the clip to load and I have now e-mailed the link to some friends.? I highly recommend it to Weenie-philes, notwithstanding that it isn't "country blues."? (I hope I'm not excommunicated for admitting that I have other musical interests besides country blues!)

Slack:

--- Quote ---(I hope I'm not excommunicated for admitting that I have other musical interests besides country blues!)
--- End quote ---

Got ya spooked uh?   ;D Nah, we've got alot of closet cross-overs(of all kinds) hanging around.

I'll try the clip again...

Cheers,
Slack

uncle bud:

--- Quote from: Slack on January 12, 2005, 08:15:56 PM ---we've got alot of closet cross-overs(of all kinds) hanging around.

--- End quote ---
That's right. You wouldn't believe Slack's collection of Yanni videos...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version